CM Assistant - What do they need?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default CM Assistant - What do they need?

    Hubbie is to become my Assistant. He will be self employed.

    As part of the requirements of my CM registration he was CRB checked.

    What are the requirements he'll need to become a self employed Assistant?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    You will find lots of information about assistants here - Independent Childminders - Assistants.

    I hope that helps

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    My opinion : you have to look at the finances in detail and decide if it is profitable for partners to be assistants.
    My DH is my assistant, but not officially, he has been checked under spouse registration though.
    I am the childminder, he is my chef, secretary, caretaker, Ofsted did not look at him in my inspection...just me, though did comment positively on the relationship he had with LO'sand his forest school paediatric first aid qualification.
    If you want more EY children during the day or need to leave him with LO's for any time then you need DH to be registered as an assistant, but my accountant did question the fact that as an assistant you have to pay minimum wage, pension etc...
    We have run our business, allbe it with pensions as a back up, on just me being the childminder. DH significantly helps but is not registered. We did have 5 children last summer term, 2 on continuity, and DH worked alongside me 100% but not as an assistant, he was never left with LO's, but was a great asset next to me. - Ofsted happy with this too.

    If you need him to be an assistant to allow more children, then he needs to register as an assistant and if you need him to be alone then he needs paediatric first aid qualification.

  4. Likes bunyip liked this post


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
CM Assistant - What do they need? CM Assistant - What do they need? CM Assistant - What do they need?

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of