CM bashing thread over on Mumsnet,..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CM bashing thread over on Mumsnet,..

For anyone who's interested they are discussing whether parents should take priority over childminders at toddler groups....and its all turned in to a bit of a bash at CM's! In the AIBU section...

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Context

If anyone has to post their moral dilemma on Mumsienet with the question "am I being unreasonable?" then there's a 90%+ probably is that the answer is, "yes, you are, hun."

Explanation

MUMSNET : Am I being Unreasonable ? - YouTube

Problem? No problem.

3. Likes Dragonfly, moggy, Kiddleywinks, Pixie dust liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember sites like Mumsiesnet and *****ies will always be on the parents' side. That's purely because they make their money from advertising, and the advertisers are pushing 'mummy-type' products, so they need to hold onto the 'right' sort of members.

They attract and support the sort of mums who love a good whinge, and don't let inconvenient things like facts get in the way, or who only want to chat about baby names and whether there's a line on their poundshop pregnancy test kit (like anyone give a cluck. )

It's very difficult to get an intelligent debate, because they tend to shout down, openly insult or report CMs, nursery staff or teachers who dare disagree.

I know a teacher who posted a simple and uncontroversial factual correction to some misinformation put on Netmummies about school policies. He had a lot of rude replies, and a few offensive PMs sent to him, which he reported to absolutely no effect: nothing was removed. However, some mum reported him for posting, "I believe you are wrong, because...." followed by the incontrovertible evidence. His post was then reported and he received a warning and a temporary suspension from the site for, in the moderator's words aggressive and offensive posts, specifically calling a member a liar." Un-be-lievable.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a very quick look at the post and thought most of the comments were supporting childminders. It was quite refreshing to see so many people telling the OP that she was in fact being very unreasonable. From what I saw it was the mum getting the bashing for not getting herself there early enough to get in and for expecting children of a SAHM to get preferential treatment over the children of working parents.

I did only read the first couple of pages and the last couple, so maybe the CM bashing was in the middle and I missed that bit!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed a wee bit of CM bashing. Those who did it took the view that:-
    1. They should be allowed to dictate the policy of a free/cheap group that was run on an entirely voluntary basis.
    2. Such groups are for the benefit of mums, not children (nor dads, for that matter.)

All of which made me think their poor children definitely ought to be in the care of a CM to stop them growing up as selfish as their mums.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A while ago there was a debate as some childrens centres were I was initially annoyed but on reflection the groups have only limited capacity. In theory as cms we offer the children in our care a balanced range of experiences and activities and use our skills to help them progress. Childrens centres were aimed at those parents without the same skills and their children , partly to bridge the attainment gap in underprivileged areas. If cms were taking mindees who already were accessing quality provision (with us) , then other children would miss out , and often noy access any provision at all

8. Likes bunyip, FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Context

If anyone has to post their moral dilemma on Mumsienet with the question "am I being unreasonable?" then there's a 90%+ probably is that the answer is, "yes, you are, hun."

Explanation

MUMSNET : Am I being Unreasonable ? - YouTube

Problem? No problem.
    Haha - love it! Too funny!

Post Thanks / Like

What i found most interesting i think was that i always feel bad that i DON'T take mindees to toddler groups.