Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 30 hours funding

I will have 3 children start nursery in September. Although parents have the choice to send their children to me for the full 30 hours, they want to use the 15 hours at nursery and the other 15 hours in childcare. For some children, parents will have to pay for more than the remainding 15 hours but the others will have spare to use in the holidays.

I haven't done any funding for 4 years as no one has required it until now. How will I work this for my parents and me without too much confusion? Also, when I last had children starting at nursery, because I drop them off and collect, I do charge for the 3 hours to make myself available should they need collecting early or the nursery shut. I don't charge if parents don't drop off first thing in the morning. So for me, I have the wrap around care of hours before and after nursery. I know I need to speak to my LA as everyone seems so confused atm!

Example of my days

8am-4pm - I charge for 8 hours despite 9-12 they are at nursery.
    12-6 - I don't drop off at nursery only collect and have the child until 6pm.
    8-1 - I charge for 5 hours and have the child 1 hour before nursery and 1 hour after. A parent considered breakfast club at school to save being charged for 4 hours childcare but I pointed out I wouldn't work for 1 hour per day! I do offer the 15 hours myself and it's their choice to send to nursery.

Any advice on this please?

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    I will have 3 children start nursery in September. Although parents have the choice to send their children to me for the full 30 hours, they want to use the 15 hours at nursery and the other 15 hours in childcare. For some children, parents will have to pay for more than the remainding 15 hours but the others will have spare to use in the holidays.

I haven't done any funding for 4 years as no one has required it until now. How will I work this for my parents and me without too much confusion? Also, when I last had children starting at nursery, because I drop them off and collect, I do charge for the 3 hours to make myself available should they need collecting early or the nursery shut. I don't charge if parents don't drop off first thing in the morning. So for me, I have the wrap around care of hours before and after nursery. I know I need to speak to my LA as everyone seems so confused atm!

Example of my days

8am-4pm - I charge for 8 hours despite 9-12 they are at nursery.
    12-6 - I don't drop off at nursery only collect and have the child until 6pm.
    8-1 - I charge for 5 hours and have the child 1 hour before nursery and 1 hour after. A parent considered breakfast club at school to save being charged for 4 hours childcare but I pointed out I wouldn't work for 1 hour per day! I do offer the 15 hours myself and it's their choice to send to nursery.

Any advice on this please?

Personally I don't do half days can't they do 2 full days and 1 half day. I have 1 that does this now parent picks up at lunch takes to preschool school..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The LAs have just received the funding rules - they have a few months to get their heads around it and roll it out to us all before Sept.

There is still quite a lot of wishy washiness in the rules so I think we'll still see different translations across the country sadly.

We can't charge for the funded hours - we can charge for 'extras' such as food and outings as long as the place is not conditional on the charges.

Hopefully LAs will be sensible with the rules

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell all my parents that if they want to send their child to Nursery as well as to me when they turn 3 and get their funding that they will have to do full days with me and full days all year round with Nursery as I'm not going to do Nursery drop offs and pick ups or keep spaces for them for the holidays. All the parents chose me initially when their children were babies because I don't do school runs and nursery drop offs etc as they didn't want nap times to be cut short or children to spend extra time on car journeys so they all accept that they can't have it both ways.

5. Likes Maza liked this post