Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nappy Disposal/Sanitary bin

Hi,

I'm just wondering what you have for a nappy disposal/sanitary bin? I'm currently pre-reg and going through everything to make sure that i've got it all in place ahead of the visit from Ofsted. Do I have to have a special and specific disposal bin or can I buy a general bin but only use it for that?

Thank you!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a labelled swing bin outside - I throw the nappy bag into it and empty it through the day into the big bin when I get a moment and the children are safe such as when they are asleep

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing special needed- I put nappy sacks outside the back door and drop them in our general household refuse bin when I have a moment. Never heard of nappy disposal being an issue for Ofsted.
    We do not need commercial-type waste facilities as we are working from home.

June 17
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

I thought i'd heard rumours somewhere that you had to get a specific bin, and then pay however much for the waste disposal instead of putting it in the normal bin.

All horror stories, clearly!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jo1502 View Post
    Thank you!

I thought i'd heard rumours somewhere that you had to get a specific bin, and then pay however much for the waste disposal instead of putting it in the normal bin.

All horror stories, clearly!
    If you were a commercial nursery then yes, it is business waste.
    And I too have heard of stories like that, and if your local authority mis-understood CMing, or you were creating massive amounts of nappy waste needing a larger bin, you may have to argue your case. But I have never come across that myself. Even you have 3 a day in nappies it still isn't that much volume amongst a normal family's waste. Best chat with local CMers to be reassured on how your local authority see it.