Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Morning everyone!

What have we all got planned for today?

It's cold and very foggy here at the moment so we're going to have a cosy morning indoors then head out to the library this afternoon. On the way home we'll stop in at the pet shop to have a look at the animals. They have a collection box for donations of pet food for the local shelter, so we always buy something from the shop to donate. I don't feel so bad then about using their shop for free entertainment for the children

2. Likes Maza liked this post
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning or now afternoon. We've been out in the cold sunshine this morning. Beautiful birdsongs everywhere. Got builders working next door so we have our little noses pressed against the patio glass doors a lot as we watch the going-ons.

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a playdough morning which was lovely until my grandson put a lump in his mouth and squashed it onto the roof of his mouth. It stuck fast and I've had to scrape it off with a spoon and my fingers.

5. Likes BallyH liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    What have we all got planned for today?

It's cold and very foggy here at the moment so we're going to have a cosy morning indoors then head out to the library this afternoon. On the way home we'll stop in at the pet shop to have a look at the animals. They have a collection box for donations of pet food for the local shelter, so we always buy something from the shop to donate. I don't feel so bad then about using their shop for free entertainment for the children
    We had a happy land morning. Then one leaves I dash off to take another to speech therapy and then dash home as mindee then gets picked up. Then off to school for the evening session.
    It was my longest serving mindees birthday today so there were presents and cakes.

Then I twirled into my domestic goddess mode and made a minced beef pie for tea and now relaxing in pj's before tomorrow starts
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouse, don't forget to put the pet food donation on your SEF. My inspector talked to me about ways of teaching mindees to 'make a positive contribution' - and your idea would be perfect!

I've been making bread rolls with the reception class at school today - last week they read 'The Little Red Hen'. It was great but so different to baking with the mindees. It really was like a conveyor belt as they all had to be in the oven at a certain time so as not to clash with the school lunches. Great fun, but not the same quality session that little ones get with their childminders!

Yesterday, at DD's monthly nature club they were dissecting owl pellets. I've wanted to do this for years and it was fascinating. So many bones, fully intact inside each pellet. The children were allowed to bring them home, which we were really excited about - but now I've got to find somewhere to store the little skulls and jawbones.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Mouse, don't forget to put the pet food donation on your SEF. My inspector talked to me about ways of teaching mindees to 'make a positive contribution' - and your idea would be perfect!

I've been making bread rolls with the reception class at school today - last week they read 'The Little Red Hen'. It was great but so different to baking with the mindees. It really was like a conveyor belt as they all had to be in the oven at a certain time so as not to clash with the school lunches. Great fun, but not the same quality session that little ones get with their childminders!

Yesterday, at DD's monthly nature club they were dissecting owl pellets. I've wanted to do this for years and it was fascinating. So many bones, fully intact inside each pellet. The children were allowed to bring them home, which we were really excited about - but now I've got to find somewhere to store the little skulls and jawbones.
    I feel I now need owl pellets in my life. Are they easy to get?
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    You can buy them on ebay

Post Thanks / Like

Be in testing to read "the next steps" for this. Lol xx

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    You do need them, lol! Keep an eye on any nature clubs and natural trust places near you because I think it is becoming the 'in thing' at the moment. You can buy them online and the ones we got came sterilised, although we still wore gloves. There were some quite 'energetic' children in our group but as soon as they were given an owl pellet they were all so focused and on task for ages. It was lovely to see them all so engaged.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes me feel slightly queasy! Im afraid this is one experience my mindees will have to miss out on!

13. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post