childminding housing problem
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default childminding housing problem

hi can someone help me i am getting really frustrated i really want to childmind and the only thing that is stopping me is the house, at the minute me and my house mate are in a privated rented house but now i am looking for a bigger property so i can childmind the estate agents are saying i wont be able to get a property from them and childmind i explained what can i do please can someone give me some advice x

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar problem when I split up from my ex a couple of years ago. The agents wouldn't even let me view any properties unless I could prove I had income of at least £18k or had a guarantor and none of them would allow a business to be run from there.
    Try and find a private landlord who doesn't use an agent, ask around locally or google it for your area. I was very lucky and remembered that a friend's dad dabbled in property and he had just bought another one in the area, as he knew me he was happy to let me work from here.
    Good luck, hope you find something suitable!

3. Likes Maza, sarah707 liked this post
    sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Ive not long moved house. I do it a lot unfortunately as rent. I had 2 probs, one where I had to prove I earnt loads (no tax return done) and being on my own never stacked up. Two that some landlords mortgages won't allow businesses run from the property. I was running out of time and it's quite limited where I live so I was panicking as the money was my issue. Luckily I have a fab estate agents and the landlord seems amazing so I kind of begged them! However saying that in the past it hasn't been a massive problem so you'll find something. Fingers crossed.

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly Baby View Post
    Hi
    Ive not long moved house. I do it a lot unfortunately as rent. I had 2 probs, one where I had to prove I earnt loads (no tax return done) and being on my own never stacked up. Two that some landlords mortgages won't allow businesses run from the property. I was running out of time and it's quite limited where I live so I was panicking as the money was my issue. Luckily I have a fab estate agents and the landlord seems amazing so I kind of begged them! However saying that in the past it hasn't been a massive problem so you'll find something. Fingers crossed.
    We were moving 200 plus miles and as house sale & purchase had both fallen through (nothing to do with us, we were stuck in the middle!) So we needed to find a rental house in the new area... landlords i spoke to were not helpful, and the one that was ... the property just wasn't suitable! I spoke to estate agents and explained that I was a childminder, needed to be able to work and that running a childminder business from home wasn't like the usual 'running a business from home' and that we got all sorts of concessions etc. I said I had public liability insurance, and that I would ensure the property would be in the same state as when we moved in, when I moved out. Our estate agent was very good and spoke to assorted landlords and managed to find a few properties where it wouldn't be a problem.

Good luck x