Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 30 hours funding...

The 30 hours funding is coming soon...

All providers need to think about how they are going to make it work for them!

We will all have different viewpoints - mine is to be positive

Making the 30 hours work for you... - Independent Childminders

**This blog includes a link to a FREE Information Guide for all providers from Childcare.co.uk

2. Likes Pixie dust, mumofone liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thank you sarah - i have a mum eagerly waiting for it so she can up the hours her child does

A positive here too

however I know other providers will struggle
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Really in two minds about it here as I've already had parents asking if I would do pick up from preschool and work 3 till 6. If I don't offer it I'm wondering if that all the work I'll get??

5. Likes mumofone liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    thank you sarah - i have a mum eagerly waiting for it so she can up the hours her child does

A positive here too

however I know other providers will struggle
    Financially I will struggle as you can't insist parents pay for a meal or anything extra and the new rate is 15% lower than my regular fee.
    If the rate was better, I would have no problem offering it. I currently have 5 children using funded hours over the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Im a bit embarrassed to say ive not really kept up with the whole 30 hours thing, i kinda thought it might go away....!
    So my first question is, my own child is due to start pre school in sept 2017 so does that mean i will automatically qualify for 30 hours rather than just 15? I know the pre school offer 15 hours but should i check they are offering the 30 hours?
    I don't think i can afford to offer it so think this will leave me caring just for babies :-(

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be ok as the rate is the same as I'm charging anyway. It has only just gone up so I think we must be one of the lowest rates , council and me!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Financially I will struggle as you can't insist parents pay for a meal or anything extra and the new rate is 15% lower than my regular fee.
    If the rate was better, I would have no problem offering it. I currently have 5 children using funded hours over the week.
    I'm also going to struggle if parents don't take up my offer to provide lunch as that is were I was hoping to make the shortfall. Think I'll have to stick to babies, which is a shame as I find the 3/4 year olds very engaging and enjoyable.

10. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Im a bit embarrassed to say ive not really kept up with the whole 30 hours thing, i kinda thought it might go away....!
    So my first question is, my own child is due to start pre school in sept 2017 so does that mean i will automatically qualify for 30 hours rather than just 15? I know the pre school offer 15 hours but should i check they are offering the 30 hours?
    I don't think i can afford to offer it so think this will leave me caring just for babies :-(
    I also was hoping it 'would go away'. Keep hoping 'someone' will tell me how I can offer the same service/hours and still earn the same money.

12. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

how can we find out which settings will be offering the 30 hours?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

how can we find out which settings will be offering the 30 hours?
    Many are still undecided, just as many of us CMers are. Many LAs still have not announced the final amounts they will be paying (there are various estimates and national average figures, but the small print which will differ from LA to LA is yet to be released by all LAs) so it is hard for anyone to make a decision whether to offer all or some of the additional 15 hrs (the first 15hrs is what happen already now). It is just a case of contacting settings and asking. I guess after Sept, once the LAs know who is signed up they may have a list of settings for parents to access- or add it to the info on LA's list of providers.

15. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    The 30 hours funding is coming soon...

All providers need to think about how they are going to make it work for them!

We will all have different viewpoints - mine is to be positive

Making the 30 hours work for you... - Independent Childminders

**This blog includes a link to a FREE Information Guide for all providers from Childcare.co.uk
    Hi Sarah, do you (or anyone?!) have the official link/publication from the government stating that this is going ahead?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sarah, do you (or anyone?!) have the official link/publication from the government stating that this is going ahead?
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...hildcare-early

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...nsultation.pdf

https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/work...nding/30-hours

Google it, loads of info... but it is for each LA to actually deliver it so maybe speak to your LA if you have questions. There are still details needing finalising (such as the actual £ per hour for providers!) but there seems no doubt it is going ahead... but no guarantees all providers will offer it, no one can force them to, but the market may dictate.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...hildcare-early

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...nsultation.pdf

https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/work...nding/30-hours

Google it, loads of info... but it is for each LA to actually deliver it so maybe speak to your LA if you have questions. There are still details needing finalising (such as the actual £ per hour for providers!) but there seems no doubt it is going ahead... but no guarantees all providers will offer it, no one can force them to, but the market may dictate.
    and another one:
    https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/

19. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This popped into my newsfeed yesterday - we can register with a button at the bottom and we will get updates - parents can register on it too

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else having problems with the registration process? I did the whole thing the week before Christmas, completed it but received no confirmation email. Tried to log in today but it said my user ID is not registered. The help desk confirmed this and now I must go through the same process all over again.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the registration process? I did the whole thing the week before Christmas, completed it but received no confirmation email. Tried to log in today but it said my user ID is not registered. The help desk confirmed this and now I must go through the same process all over again.
    For the Tax-Free childcare, that we got a letter about? Mine went through okay, but I would not be surprised in the least that a new Gov website system has some teething troubles!! I hope you get it sorted soon.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

For the Tax-Free childcare, that we got a letter about? Mine went through okay, but I would not be surprised in the least that a new Gov website system has some teething troubles!! I hope you get it sorted soon.
    I repeated the registration today and it seemed to have worked this time, as it let me log in as soon as I'd finished. Odd, as you're meant to wait for email confirmation, and that certainly hasn't arrived.

Jan 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

It all hinges on what the final decision for payment rate is going to be for me. If it's not too far away from my hourly rate then I will embrace it as am quiet at the moment, but won't do it for silly money.