Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evening all!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Evening all!

It looks like it's been very quiet on here today.

So, what's everyone been up to? The weather was lovely here - cold but bright and sunny. We had a long play outside which the children loved. They don't seem to feel the cold like I do, so while they chased about I stood cuddling a cup of coffee

And even though it's still November, I have made a start of Christmas activities. I usually start everything in a panic in the few days before I realise the children break up earlier in December, so this year I am more organised. Today the littlies and loved playing with this

Wall Hanging Felt Christmas Tree 90Cm | Hobbycraft

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Evening. We've had a chilly but beautiful sunny day here so this morning we went to the local woods and went bird watching and played 'Bear Hunt'. Then hide and seek. This afternoon whilst the baby was sleeping my pre-schoolers have been playing restaurants and birthdays. Not started any Christmas activities yet but probably will next week as we have 2 dress rehearsals to watch at the lower school my mindees attend so I'm sure that will make us feel festive. To be honest I'm in a bit of denial that it's December this week!

3. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

It was so cold here today. We had an hour or so at the playground and by the end the kids were complaining about being cold!

We started Christmas activities today - all my kids are very part time so I thought it would be good to get started. We made some white clay Christmas tree decorations (corn flour, bicarbonate of soda and water with some glitter thrown in!) and had the Christmas books and Christmas dominoes out. My kids are practising Christmas songs at school and pre school and one of my mindees told me they put their Christmas tree up at the weekend.

5. Likes Mouse liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We did some decorations for our outside Christmas tree today - the children really enjoyed themselves and talked non-stop about Christmas!

Happy days

7. Likes Mouse liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have before and after school children here today. I did some Xmas shopping this morning, planted some bulbs in the garden and caught up with some paperwork. Have dd1, husband and grandson staying for a few months and she has talked me into putting up Xmas tree up already. I have to say it was a heart melting moment when he started decorating the tree with his Thomas the tank engine trains. he is 2 next month

9. Likes Mouse, BallyH, Maza liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    We did some decorations for our outside Christmas tree today - the children really enjoyed themselves and talked non-stop about Christmas!

Happy days
    Their excitement is infectious!

This year I have a just 2 year old, a 19 month old and a 16 month old. They don't really get the Christmas thing yet, but they can all now point to a picture of Santa

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SYLVIA View Post
    I only have before and after school children here today. I did some Xmas shopping this morning, planted some bulbs in the garden and caught up with some paperwork. Have dd1, husband and grandson staying for a few months and she has talked me into putting up Xmas tree up already. I have to say it was a heart melting moment when he started decorating the tree with his Thomas the tank engine trains. he is 2 next month
    That's so sweet! It'll be doubly exciting for him having a birthday so close to Christmas!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

So, what's everyone been up to? The weather was lovely here - cold but bright and sunny. We had a long play outside which the children loved. They don't seem to feel the cold like I do, so while they chased about I stood cuddling a cup of coffee

And even though it's still November, I have made a start of Christmas activities. I usually start everything in a panic in the few days before I realise the children break up earlier in December, so this year I am more organised. Today the littlies and loved playing with this

I wasn't working yesterday but I decorated the playroom last night as today we are going to nursery Christmas afternoon! I've got a couple of Christmas activities out and will see where we end up!

I just need to work out what crafts etc the children need to do ... we always make a card and something with their photo in/on. I've been very good this year, and apart from clear baubles from hobby craft and some blank cards I have bought NO craft bits as I know I have a huge box full left from past years!

13. Likes Maza liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post

Still recovering from this nasty cough though touching wood I think I'm a bit better today.

I did some Christmas activities today too as some of the after schoollies are not here next week.
    We made Christmas trees http://krokotak.com/2016/11/diy-paper-christmas-trees/
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

15. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent yesterday putting out our christmas things. Lots this year is based around the books one snowy night and the little fir tree.

I have fillable baubles to put lots of sensory bits in from out tray , cinammon , cranberries , orange slices , pine.....
    Art this year is mainly going to be photographed transient art , I have finally got the courage to ditch the handprints ..weve always known the kids get nothing out of it but ive still felt almost obliged.
    we will make gingerbread and cranberry chocolates in the last week so they will still have plenty to take home

17. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Fussy I love those trees and have bookmarked them for next week. I feel like I could plan a zillion activities for under fives with my eyes closed but stuff for older kids is new territory for me and I need lots of ideas like this!

Today is DD's 8th birthday and thanks to Nativity rehearsals at school we didn't have much time for work - therefore no marking! So I managed to get out at 4pm. She has spent the evening so far opening all her new craft sets and trying them out (Gelarti and Doh vinci). We are ordering Wagamammas now and then I guess we'll be playing her new board games etc.

I can't ever begin to think about Christmas until we have got the birthday over with.

19. Likes hectors house liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Still recovering from this nasty cough though touching wood I think I'm a bit better today.

I did some Christmas activities today too as some of the after schoollies are not here next week.
    We made Christmas trees DIY Paper Christmas Trees | krokotak
    oooo, I like those trees ... think we'll be making them too! thank you x

Trying to think of something for Christmas cards! last year I just let them loose with Christmas stickers and stampers!
    I've done shaped cards/handprints/etc in the past and have run out of enthusiasm for cards - that's what happened last year but they enjoy it, and actually, I'm not into 'finished' articles so maybe we'll stick to random creations.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

last years cards were nice , they stuck starts on the paper then covered with watedrcolours in night time shades , blues indigo.then sprinkled salt over which drew out some of the paint and made a lovely effect. When they were dry we peeled off the stars. it was more about the process than the finished article but they turned out to be really effective.
    This year i have no idea whatsoever!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Fussy I love those trees and have bookmarked them for next week. I feel like I could plan a zillion activities for under fives with my eyes closed but stuff for older kids is new territory for me and I need lots of ideas like this!

Today is DD's 8th birthday and thanks to Nativity rehearsals at school we didn't have much time for work - therefore no marking! So I managed to get out at 4pm. She has spent the evening so far opening all her new craft sets and trying them out (Gelarti and Doh vinci). We are ordering Wagamammas now and then I guess we'll be playing her new board games etc.

I can't ever begin to think about Christmas until we have got the birthday over with.
    Happy birthday to you daughter

I was the same with my eldest son when he was younger. His birthday is at the beginning of December so Christmas never started till after then.

23. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My eldest was born on December 4th so didn't think Christmas until after his birthday. Youngest 18th December so didn't put decorations up until after then. I still wait and youngest is 21!!

25. Likes Maza, Mouse, loocyloo liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My youngest dd birthday is 23 December. We still had Xmas but always made her birthday special and all about birthday. She was due on 20 January but arrived early and had the family rushing round buying extra Xmas presents !
    Last edited by SYLVIA; 30-11-2016 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We made the Christmas trees this evening Fussy. They were awesome and got the thumbs up all round! Looks like quite a good website - is it one of your favourites?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We made the Christmas trees this evening Fussy. They were awesome and got the thumbs up all round! Looks like quite a good website - is it one of your favourites?
    I haven't looked at the website must admit I saw it on pinterest I want to do these with the older ones too

http://keepingupwiththetimes.blogspo...trees.html?m=1
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I haven't looked at the website must admit I saw it on pinterest I want to do these with the older ones too

Keeping up with the times: Vintage paper trees
    Oooh yes very nice. I knew I should have bought some polystyrene cones when I saw them the other day.

Who was it on here who made the pom pom wreath last year? I was totally in awe of that! I'm thinking it was either you or loocyloo.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooh yes very nice. I knew I should have bought some polystyrene cones when I saw them the other day.

Who was it on here who made the pom pom wreath last year? I was totally in awe of that! I'm thinking it was either you or loocyloo.
    LOL wasn't me!

31. Likes Maza liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast