Pre Reg inspection questions help!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre Reg inspection questions help!!

Hi Everyone

I have my Pre reg inspection on the 8th I didn't get a pack sent out to my via ofsted so I was not aware of the questions I would be asked.

The inspector said she is asking me questions about the following:
    Assessing child's learning
    safeguarding
    Health
    Behaviour
    Child Protection
    Supporting disabled

Has anyone else been asked these questions or anybody who would be happy to explain to me how they went about answering them I have my EYFS book and development matters but I'm so worried I'm going to answer them wrong and look like I don't know what I'm doing.

Any guidance or help would be sooooo appreciated.

I have gone into panic mode.

Thankyou xx

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax, it is not a 'test', you can refer to your notes or documents, ask if you don't understand a question. These are the things you should be able to talk about:

The inspector said she is asking me questions about the following:
    Assessing child's learning-
    so this is how you will observe children's play, maybe look at Dev Matters and EYO to see if children are meeting expectations for their learning & dev. How you will ask parents about their children's learning & dev at home and when they start with you and how you will check they are not falling behind in any areas (by looking at Dev. Matters and EYO). No written assessments are statutory except the 2yr Check- you can say how you will do that check between 24-36mths.

safeguarding- revise your safeguarding training, that should have covered it all.

Health-
    how will you keep children healthy? Diet? Exercise? What about keeping them healthy from illnesses- your policy on medicines, hygiene and things like accidents and risk assessments.

Behaviour- This is things like how will you deal with poor behaviour? What if there is repeated and on going poor behaviour.

Child Protection- covered in safeguarding (the two titles are pretty much interchangable)

Supporting disabled- This will be how you support SEND, do you know who to talk to in your LA EY team to get support with SEND? where to get training? (Pacey or LA maybe). You could find out about your LA's Local Offer scheme- how can you let parents know how you'd support their child with SEND, how you are inclusive etc. Make sure you are familiar with the SEND Code Of Practice https://www.gov.uk/government/public...actice-0-to-25

Good luck with it!

Registered Childminder since
    May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Kirsty,
    Welcome to the Forum!
    If you look under the Free Resources tab, above, and then Free Downloads and then look for Ofsted Pre-Registration, you'll find the booklet:
    Early Years Register: preparing for your registration visit

I think this is now an out of date document, but it may help give you an idea of the sort of things the Inspector will ask and a place to write them down.

Try not to stress too much about the visit. Remember, they want to register you! Good luck, and come back and let us know how it goes.