Facebook pages - what do you show?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Facebook pages - what do you show?

Hi everyone,

I have not long created a FB page for my business. Parents sign a permission for advertising with photos and I always show them the page and double check with them that it's ok to use their child.

I take pictures from behind or above and any face pictures I edit to put a smiley face on the child.

I've noticed some childminding pages are more liberal and others don't even have pictures of the kids and just activities.

I'd love to know what you all think about what to upload and what not to upload.

Thanks!!!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mathremuk View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have not long created a FB page for my business. Parents sign a permission for advertising with photos and I always show them the page and double check with them that it's ok to use their child.

I take pictures from behind or above and any face pictures I edit to put a smiley face on the child.

I've noticed some childminding pages are more liberal and others don't even have pictures of the kids and just activities.

I'd love to know what you all think about what to upload and what not to upload.

Thanks!!!
    I don't post photos of minded children on my page.

Personally as I can't control who can see the photos and they are so easy screenshot I don't post.

I also have a statement in my safeguarding that I don't post photos to social media.

However this is my personal opinion others will have different
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

3. Likes Pixie dust liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I mainly post photos of activities and crafts. If I include any pictures with children on I send the pictures to parents first and ask if they mind me posting it. I also make it clear that if they want a photo taking off at a later date they only have to ask and I'll do it.

Even if photos do have children on, the child isn't normally identifiable. When I take photos I always try to take some that show individual children (so I can send them to parents) and some where the children aren't on full view, so either their heads are cut off (photographically speaking!) or you can only see their hands. Theyre the ones I send to parents for pre-approval and they're the ones that go on my FB page.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I only post photographs of activities not the children as it is scary how easily the photos can be copied and used for other purposes. I heard some awful stories at my safeguarding lead professional training.
    Pixie Dust

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I share things from local authority page or other educational type of pages that I feel relates to my work as well as pics of activities or places we have been etc without children. I have permission for children in photos but I don't put them on - I just have permission in case a part of a body is showing slightly like a knee or a hand.

I also put details of vacancies and dates I am closed. Or any training I have done or messages like reminders to apply for secondary school places by oct 31st for example.

JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to wonder whether I should use children in the pics. You definitely can't identify them but there are whole body shots from the back when I've taken them to the farm etc. It's definitely a scary world we live in 😕

JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't got a map or address on my page. Just the town I'm in. I don't put any pics of kids crafts with names on them.