Drop off and collection time being the same and possibly being over numbers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Drop off and collection time being the same and possibly being over numbers

Hi,

I have just had a lady sign up to me but her pickup time is exactly the same time (12) as another mindees drop off time. With regard to this I would be over my numbers if this parent turned up late.

Does anyone have kids where this could happen. Should I have made a gap between pickup and drop off. I dont know if this is feasible for the parent though.

Do I just risk assess it? I would have four kids under 5 and no other children. I havent got to leave the house that day and at my registration visit they told me I could have the max amount of kids because I have the space.

I dont want to let this parent down but I want to be right!

Thanks!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mathremuk View Post
    Hi,

I have just had a lady sign up to me but her pickup time is exactly the same time (12) as another mindees drop off time. With regard to this I would be over my numbers if this parent turned up late.

Does anyone have kids where this could happen. Should I have made a gap between pickup and drop off. I dont know if this is feasible for the parent though.

Do I just risk assess it? I would have four kids under 5 and no other children. I havent got to leave the house that day and at my registration visit they told me I could have the max amount of kids because I have the space.

I dont want to let this parent down but I want to be right!

Thanks!!
    Not ideal, but if you will only be over for those few minutes over drop off/collection, I would make a note, risk assess and inform parents that you may go over ratio at that time. Explain to the parents that will both be there at midday that they must be prompt to 12.00 timing.
    As long as you are not over the 6 under 8, it is not a huge issue.

3. Likes Ripeberry, hectors house liked this post
    JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

Not ideal, but if you will only be over for those few minutes over drop off/collection, I would make a note, risk assess and inform parents that you may go over ratio at that time. Explain to the parents that will both be there at midday that they must be prompt to 12.00 timing.
    As long as you are not over the 6 under 8, it is not a huge issue.
    OK brill will do that thank you!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You need a gap - we can't take on a new child if it puts us over ratios even for a few minutes

6. Likes moggy liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you just make one 11.55 and the other 12.05? It is new business so no way to explain it as continuity of care in the child's best interest or a change in parents' needs etc.

8. Likes Mouse liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you signed contracts with the new family yet or is this just in the pipeline?

If no contract yet I'd suggest saying to new parent that their time slot is "until 12 at the latest" and you are already full from 12. Ask if they are likely to need longer and ask if instead you can start earlier?

JUN 16
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't signed contracts yet but I know for a fact she can't do any earlier than that but the other parent may be be able to do a five to ten min later slot so I need to talk to them on monday.

I spoke to my development officer today and she said it's not ideal but risk assess it and make it clear to the parent picking up that they cannot be any later.