Help parent won't leave!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a second parent you can have a gentle word with, they probably aren't aware what is happening and will probably be more willing to tell him starlight.

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Or empty the bag before home time so there's nothing left for them to sit and eat
    Wow thank you so much for all your great replies! I actually did this tonight, had a awful day and a incident with another child which I needed to talk to parents about and couldn't bear the thought of a repeat whilst talking to other parent so at snack time I let the lo concerned decide what she wanted for snack from her snack box and she didn't eat it all but worked her way through most of it and was hardly anything left. When dad arrived I literally handed the bags said she'd eaten lots of snack and got the door for him! Was still a long collection with awkward silences but I stood quietly and he left quicker than usual !
    She probably won't have eaten her tea tonight but after the day I've had today was the least of my worries!! Xx

3. Likes Maza, Ripeberry liked this post
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by samb View Post
    If it's the little ones snack bag and they're bringing so much to your house I'd ask if they could let me know how much and when the child usually eats and if they are expecting all the food to be eaten whilst in my care? Maybe dad just feeds the child a large amount and doesn't understand why the bag always has food left in it and is trying this tactic to show you that he wants the child to eat more whilst at yours and is too soft to say anything to you too? So you're both sort of playing the same game - you think it's too much and haven't given it to the child and maybe haven't mentioned it and presume by giving the bag back with food in it implies enough of a message that it's too much? You may well have mentioned it before - I am just playing devils advocate.

It definitely needs one of you to approach the subject and maybe dad will be pleased to understand your point of view as much as you will enjoy him understanding it. Well worth a chat.
    Thank you yes you've got a good point! Thank you! X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12