Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks moggy, what about sharing the LJ with another setting the child attends, is their a way to do that at all?
    Ask the setting for a suitable email address (probably not a personal one if it is a nursery- ask for a nursery email address. Then add that as if it was a relative, you don't have to label as a parent just leave it as 'Other'. Then the nursery can log in just like a parent and view, comment and add their own obs.

Post Thanks / Like

is it possible to just post a picture of a child to tapestry (an album type function?) without doing an observation does anyone know?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

is it possible to just post a picture of a child to tapestry (an album type function?) without doing an observation does anyone know?
    Post as an obs, but don't put any text or assessments. There is no other album function.
    You can post a pic of the child as the child's account picture, and change that as often as you want: Control Panels- Manage Children- Edit child- photo- so if you just have a nice photo of a child you can use it there.

4. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If OFSTED want to see how well the children have progressed since their starting points since starting with me is there any way to do this in Tapestry or is it a case of simply producing the online learning journey? What I mean is there any fancy graph capability or something?!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If OFSTED want to see how well the children have progressed since their starting points since starting with me is there any way to do this in Tapestry or is it a case of simply producing the online learning journey? What I mean is there any fancy graph capability or something?!
    You can use Snapshots, you can lock the baseline and use that as the starting point.
    But it is a weakness of Tapestry at the moment that there is no easy at-a-glance progress tracker per child, they are working on that.
    But progress can be seen by looking back over obs (ie:look at obs for a particular Area 6mths ago or 1 yr ago and then for now- progress is shown, nothing more is needed). Ofsted do not need or expect to see graphs at all.

Post Thanks / Like

At an inspection, will inspectors want to view all the children's learning journeys and if so would you print these off Tapestry beforehand or do you show them on the computer?

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My inspector 'flicked' through mine. I had my printed off in each child's learning journal. I was always worried my wifi would let me down on my inspection day and therefore I wouldn't be able to access all that work I'd done. I still print them off.

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I printed a selection of observations, comments from parents and up to date summaries for each child. This way if there was a problem with the internet or computer she could still see what I had been doing. I don't think she wanted to see anything on-line but she did look at the summaries in detail.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

At an inspection, will inspectors want to view all the children's learning journeys and if so would you print these off Tapestry beforehand or do you show them on the computer?
    I downloaded mine onto a USB stick just in case my internet was playing up but on the day it was fine, so I logged into my computer, my inspector sat beside me and I showed her how to navigate round it, I also showed her a half done observation from the day before and showed her how I would then add the appropriate EYFS statements and I talked through why I chose those statements and the age bands. She had a quick look through on her own for 5 mins then continued observing me with the children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12