Not sure what to do.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not sure what to do.

I've moved house recently, had some time off and enjoyed it but am now back to work.

The thing is since I moved my anxiety has been high ever since and I feel generally anxious all the time and a bit low too if I am honest.

So far I feel I'm just going through the motions work wise rather than enjoying it. :-(

I had a year out of childminding about 5 years back and really missed it so I do usually enjoy the job but I am also very aware that I mainly do it so I'm home for my needy dog and my child who has special needs. I'm wondering - if I could would I do a different job? I don't know.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt like this? I'm not sure where to go with my feelings or what to do. :-( Thanks for reading.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've been childminding for 23 years and there have been ups and downs but mostly up!

I can't imagine where I would work for the same money, with the same freedom and have the same fun!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hugs, its hard when things change ( like a new house ) and I imagine you've have to settle your child and your dog into the new house too.

it always takes me a few days to settle back into 'work' when I've had time off. I'm pleased to see everyone, but I've enjoyed being able to do my own things, and 'suddenly' I have to consider small people again!

Are your mindees new as well? or have you kept old ones. I always feel daunted when I have a new mindee starting, and I've been doing this a long time!

and yes, some days I do feel I am just going through the motions, so that is the day we go out for a walk, and stop and talk to everyone we see! go for a cup of tea and toast at the coffee shop, pop into the library, feed the ducks or even go on the bus! can you find a local childminder to meet up with, or a friend?

I can't think of another job I'd rather do, that would give me the same freedom and ability to be there for my children, and pay me the same amount!

more hugs xxx

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I felt like I was going through the motions of life in general when I moved house. My home just felt like my workplace as all I had done since moving in was plan how I needed it for work. It took me over a year before I could sit back and think wow this is my house and my home. I know it isn't the same but sometimes it just does take a long time to adjust. X

5. Likes singingcactus, Maza liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I think we all do just go through the motions. But don't worry about it too much because inspiration always arrives with its reinvigorating energies. The trees will all soon be bright and colourful, the fireworks will be lighting the night skies, the robins will be visiting the gardens and the glitter pot will be in everyday use. And if all that doesn't help, just remember the clocks go back in 4 weeks or so which means there's a longer, lazier sunday morning to look forward to.

Something will happen to put the spring back in your step. But while you wait, try not to dwell on the bad feelings, it always makes them worse.

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thank you all so much for your supportive replies.

Yes it has been a time of upheaval and even though it was a positive move there has been lots of change including new school for my son and yes I am starting again building up new mindees as new area.

I'm relieved to hear others sometimes feel they are going through the motions, I guess really we are lucky that is our down spell not our every day month in month out - like I say I do generally enjoy minding and hopefully I will feel better when everything settles.

Thanks again

9. Likes Maza liked this post