ORBIT - lost data??!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ORBIT - lost data??!

Just logged on to orbit and theyve lost a ton of data....anyone else have this?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think someone else wrote about this morning saying they had lost a lot of their work.
    Pixie Dust

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it was mentioned on Facebook yesterday, but I don't use it so didn't really read it properly.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh No! I don't use it but was thinking of looking at it at some point...don't think i'll bother now!

Hope you've not lost too much!
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There is already another thread talking about this. Fortunately I generated and printed all my work at the end of July. But at the moment I can't even sign in. Keeps says 'wrong user or password details'. So I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if they fix it and then if not look elsewhere. Look on the bright side - at least we aren't a nursery or preschool setting with loads of missing data. Let me know how you get on.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

They will re launch the site over the weekend, but yes any obs done in the last 12 months are gone. Think photos and PDF learning journeys are safe. I print mine every time I write an obs so not terribly affected but an absolute headache for lots of people including David who runs it, really feel for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh I can't even log in either. I don't think any of my stuff will have been saved, what's the betting an inspector comes knocking now!! I hope they're sympathetic.
    Is there any other free online systems I could use instead does anyone know, this was the main draw for me I have to say.
    Just as if learnt how to use it too! Gah!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Yeh I can't even log in either. I don't think any of my stuff will have been saved, what's the betting an inspector comes knocking now!! I hope they're sympathetic.
    Is there any other free online systems I could use instead does anyone know, this was the main draw for me I have to say.
    Just as if learnt how to use it too! Gah!
    Being free was the reason I tried it and then I stayed. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I like what it use to do. It ticked all my boxes.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

It says on the Facebook page that they have all the photos so hopefully will be able to re create at least some of the observations. I waiting to see as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BallyH View Post
    Being free was the reason I tried it and then I stayed. I'm going to wait and see what happens. I like what it use to do. It ticked all my boxes.
    Yeh once I'd signed up I was impressed, it worked well for what I needed too, gutted!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't get passed the data loss announcement on the opening page...ill have to look for another provider and inform parents...anyone know whether b a b y d a y s or t a p e s t r y is cheaper?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't get passed the data loss announcement on the opening page...ill have to look for another provider and inform parents...anyone know whether b a b y d a y s or t a p e s t r y is cheaper?
    Purchase Tapestry
    This is about Tpry. Ask your LA is they are an existing FSF subscriber to get a discount.

13. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten into Orbit. It's all changed. Are you trying on your phone app or laptop? Someone said the App isn't available yet. I've accessed my account through my laptop. It looks good but haven't had time to access any damage to my learning journals yet.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive had a play around with it this morning , the way assessments are shown is completely different , ad the stream isnt currently working . I hope they get this sorted soon , Its bad enough that ive lost a ton of work ..I need to start this term afresh and not get myself behind before we even get going!

16. Likes mumofone liked this post
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've gotten into Orbit. It's all changed. Are you trying on your phone app or laptop? Someone said the App isn't available yet. I've accessed my account through my laptop. It looks good but haven't had time to access any damage to my learning journals yet.
    I believe that they have removed the app it's been announced on their fb page
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This is so sad.

It's exactly why I don't trust technology. I had a heart-stopping time recently when my pc packed up, but fortunately my nice IT man rescued the important stuff. I'd taken the precaution of printing off a lot of documents, which got me through until I could get a new laptop.

I still think the money I spent on a good fountain pen was far better spent than the £100s I've shelled out on computers over the years.

19. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been doing it on my laptop, I need to start all over again. I'm concerned if I do though how safe my work is.
    I hope if an inspector calls they're sympathetic!!
    It looks all different, I hope it all works as before once it's sorted as I'd just gotten used to it!!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Ive had a play around with it this morning , the way assessments are shown is completely different , ad the stream isnt currently working . I hope they get this sorted soon , Its bad enough that ive lost a ton of work ..I need to start this term afresh and not get myself behind before we even get going!
    Stream is working on mine

Post Thanks / Like

What on earth have they done with the assessments? What are those funny little graph things?! Argh!!