Compulsary on the wall
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Compulsary on the wall

Can someone advise me which documents I "have" to display on the wall. I am redecorating the playroom but I am going for a more home less nursery feel and I want the bare minimum on the wall.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

From a strictly legal point of view, I'd say the only absolute requirements would be your public liability insurance certificate, and employer's liability insurance certificate (if you have an assistant.)

Ofsted generally expect to see your registration certificate and the parents' poster. They also like to see your first aid on display as well as PLI.

EHO like to see your food hygiene certificate and their 5 star rating card.

It can add up to quite a lot to keep all the different agencies happy. My personal solution is to display the lot in one of those clear plastic hangers designed for displaying A4 children's artwork. It can sit in the grand entrance hall to Bunyip Towers when I'm working, or be moved to the servant quarters when we're entertaining, or displayed even more prominently when Ofsted come to call.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As always, it not that clear (does it actually say 'on display on a wall' in the EYFS?) and inspectors have their personal preferences, but I have always had not problem with just 3 things on display: Ofsted certificate, PLI and the Ofsted Parents poster. First aid is in my portfolio and we do not have food hygiene visits here so we don't have ratings or certificates- but you need to go with your local requirements for that.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I only have my registration certificate and parents Ofsted poster on display.

my PLI, first aid etc are all in my portfolio. Always been that way, and no inspector has ever queried it.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="loocyloo;1425540"]I only have my registration certificate and parents Ofsted poster on display. my PLI, first aid etc are all in my portfolio.

Ditto. But I've never been inspected!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

'On display' to me does not mean it has to be on the wall. My registration cert and Ofsted poster were always in my folder - open on the correct page - and folder was placed on the table next to the register that the parents sign/see me sign. Ofsted never challenged me on that one.

7. Likes moggy liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Must - Ofsted parents poster - Ofsted certificate - anything from your safeguarding board ...

Recommended - emergency evacuation plan

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much. I had all sorts on the wall before and it has become too much. I think I will feel so much better with a minimal approach :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Must - Ofsted parents poster - Ofsted certificate - anything from your safeguarding board ... Recommended - emergency evacuation plan
    Stuff from our safeguarding board isn't compulsory to have on display though is it..?

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Stuff from our safeguarding board isn't compulsory to have on display though is it..?
    I think you need to check any local requirements- maybe some safeguarding boards ask for details to be displayed?

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There's an awful lot of these things which different agencies say we "must" display, but it's really just their version of "best practice". I've received 4 such documents in the last month from our LA funding team, which basically make the point that children should eat well and exercise. I won't be letting them set the agenda here just because they have too much time on their hands and decide to justify their existence by flooding CMs with messages and attachments.

There's also a difference between "compulsory" and "enforceable compulsory". The best example I can think of is for those of us who get our milk refunded through NMRU. As a condition of receiving the payments we are all required (compulsory) to display a notice stating that we give free milk under the scheme and that it is paid for by the government, EU, et al. I tell parents about it when their children are eligible, and mention it in newsletters from time to time, but I haven't room for the poster. I've seen the poster on a school noticeboard and two nurseries, but nowhere else. I doubt whether many settings display this nor whether they worry about having their payments stopped as a result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    Thank you very much. I had all sorts on the wall before and it has become too much. I think I will feel so much better with a minimal approach :-)
    I have my registration certificate and parent's poster in photo frames - I put them in a draw when I'm not working.
    Nowhere does it say they have to be on a wall.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

14. Likes Maza, bunyip, sarah707 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Miffy, that has just given me a great idea, I have a perfect place I can display them near the front door where they can stand in frames and I can take them down at the weekend :-).