Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you pick up from there houses

Just had Enquiry for everything I can offer apart from pick up from there house and drop off, I don't drive, but even if I did I don't think I want to do that, do any of you guys do it or would you do it???

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't.

I sometimes have a LO until school pick up time, but as I'm at school, and mum doesn't need to go to school, I usually drop her back home on my way past! ( we walk past her front door ) but that is for my benefit, rather than mums!

Once, for one day a week, for just one term, I collected a LO from the next village, brought him home, and then took him home at the end of the day. This LO was a funded child, and there were reasons why I agreed to do this ( plus county paid my mileage to do so as part of the funding for that session ) it was fine, but became a tie, plus it meant the other child that day, spent a fair amount of time in the car to'ing and fro'ing. ( I discussed it with mum before I accepted the child, and mum agreed as just for the term and she understood the circumstances )

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have , as part of the 2 yr funding. Id be reluctant to do it again for the same reasons as loocyloo

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No, never had and would not do it- too restrictive.

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I did it once as my daughter picked the mindee up on her way to me in the mornings (she works with me) but even then it became a pain because sometimes mum took ages to open the door and made us have to rush to do the school run. I would only offer to do it if it didn't impact on my day at all timewise.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The only pick up I do is an 8.30am pickup for 2 little ones and thats only because I walk past their house on the school run so it was easier for me to pick them up on the way to school. I wouldn't go out of my way to pick up and drop off as I wouldn't be able to.
    I don't have a car for work and any extra walking would be detrimental to the children as they already walk to their maximum time
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a few of these enquiries lately and I've said no to them as I don't think it's worth my time quite frankly.

I don't mind doing the odd pick up or drop off as a favour to parents (especially when it means I get an early finish!)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done it on a vary rare occasion, such as one time we were attending a birthday party right near where my mindee lived and I would have had to leave the party early in order to be at my house for the normal pick up. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis though.

Sometimes there is a valid reason, such as the parent having a disability, but other times I think some parents want everything handed on a plate to them. I don't know why your parent wants a pick up/drop off covgal, but if you say no, they might still decide to go with you anyway. Maybe they don't understand how childminders usually work, or maybe they think it's worth asking just incase.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done it occasionally, but only if I happen to be going that way and it fits in with what I'm doing. Even then it's me that offers, not parents who ask.

I've noticed more & more parents asking for a collection from home. I know there are sometimes genuine reasons, but the most common reason I've seen is that they don't drive. They don't seem to expect to have to walk! I didn't drive when my child went to nursery or childminder. I just walked them there and back and would never have dreamed of asking the childminder to collect them.

Mar 14
    Non childminder member
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, just checking it's not something a lot of people are doing, I did it last year but only to drop to there nans as mum and dad finished late, and it was easier for me to do it, but started to tick me off as mum was forgetting to tell Nan she was having the child and I was going there and no one there, and mum was expecting me to do it a lot like in holidays when there no school run, well this mum doesn't drive told her where I was she didn't know I told her to google me and see and haven't heard anything since, my pain is have had 3 Enquiries today but I can't start till the 26 September as having surgery in the 7th, just my luck

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by covgalxxx View Post
    Thanks guys, just checking it's not something a lot of people are doing, I did it last year but only to drop to there nans as mum and dad finished late, and it was easier for me to do it, but started to tick me off as mum was forgetting to tell Nan she was having the child and I was going there and no one there, and mum was expecting me to do it a lot like in holidays when there no school run, well this mum doesn't drive told her where I was she didn't know I told her to google me and see and haven't heard anything since, my pain is have had 3 Enquiries today but I can't start till the 26 September as having surgery in the 7th, just my luck
    Hope the surgery goes well. x