Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sleeping ideas

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sleeping ideas

I am taking on a 6 month old in the new year, and have a cotbed upstairs but I'm probably not going to have anymore kids of my own so would like to sell it and get something that can be folding down or packed away easily and make the cot room into a spare room.

I have a normal travel cot but I've never had a child sleep in it yet...! It's a bit squeaky and probably not that comfy, just looking for alternatives. All of mine are a bit older at the mo and like sleeping in my big double buggy but I'd like the option of something else especially as at that age they may need longer naps upstairs away from the general day-to-day noise of the older children

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to sleep babies in travel cots upstairs as you say away from all the noise and hubub of the day. When they are quite young i put a folded up quilt in first then a sheet to lay on which makes it more comfy and higher up for me to gently lower the baby in especially if already asleep. If they don't accept sleeping in cots then it's down to buggies in a place away from all the noise.

3. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use a travel cot and also thought they do seem quite hard but I'm liking Chris's idea of the folded quilt. I may have to steal that idea. Thank you.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do have a couple of travel cots, and sometimes put a fleece blanket under the sheet to soften it a bit, but generally, my babies sleep in the lie flat buggy in the garden ( whatever the weather ) and then on sleep mats ( value Argos exercise mats in 'big pillowcases' ( that I made ) on floor of dining room.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a phil n teds travel cot. It folds very small and you can unzip the side which makes it good for putting them down.