Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quick question about numbers :)

I've lost 8 mindees recently due to school, being old enough to go home and 1 mum gave up work but I've managed to fill spaces...PHEW!

Now I've got more part timers so it's been difficult fitting them all in like a big jigsaw piece, I've been used to full dayers ....anyway I'm seeing problems already with part timers. 1 mum has now asked if her 12m old can do an extra day from Jan 2017 820am-4.15pm. I'll have 4 EY's children but all manageable and allowed under continuity of care but I also have 3 under 8's to pick up from school at 3.15pm which will work as 1 EY child goes home at 3pm.

But my question is:

I have 1x3yr old contracted 8am-3pm on a Thursday. I set off at 3pm for school and as I have the 3 other EY (19m and 3yrs and 12m) and 3 under 8 to pick up from school (7,7 and 6) what happens if Mum is late...stuck in traffic etc. How can I pick up the 3 schoolies if I still have 4 EY?
    Do I say no to the Mum of the 12m old or say I can only do it until 3pm on the off chance that the other Mum is late picking up to cover myself on having too many children? I know I definitely can't have 7 under 8yrs under no circumstances.

Nothing is ever straight forward
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

what time does school end? If shes running late then shell need to meet you in the playground.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I've done similar in the past, met mum at school, was tight a couple times but always worked out.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I leave the house at 3pm, it's a 7-10min walk and school finishes at 3.15pm.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

If mum is really, really late could it be classed as an emergency so you would be allowed to go over numbers? Or could the child be left in the care of the school or do they have an after school club?

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    If mum is really, really late could it be classed as an emergency so you would be allowed to go over numbers? Or could the child be left in the care of the school or do they have an after school club?
    There's not really an emerg3ncy that let's you go over the 6 under 8 though.

Jcrackers if this was to happen what would your back up plan be that's where you ra comes in.
    Could mum finish at 230 on the extra day that would give you 45 mins instead of 15.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    There's not really an emerg3ncy that let's you go over the 6 under 8 though.

Jcrackers if this was to happen what would your back up plan be that's where you ra comes in.
    Could mum finish at 230 on the extra day that would give you 45 mins instead of 15.
    Don't really have a back up. My emergency childminder friend would also be on the same school run, picking up her own mindees.
    Might have to get the 12m old picked up at 3pm not 4.30pm