Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Milk claim

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Milk claim

Registered for this back in 2014 and did nothing, and now have decided to claim (and thankfully can claim for most of that time!) - just wondering if I can claim for my own child as well when he wasn't at nursery?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd suggest you email and ask them ... I don't think so but I'm not sure why I think I know the answer!!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The FAQs on the NMRU state that you cannot claim for a relative.

You may also be limited to the changes to the legislation which say you must claim within six months. Not sure when this rule came in, so it would be worth asking NMRU.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that, I didn't spot it in the faq, I called them and I can claim aug2014-sep2015 when new rules came in, then for previous 6 months so only miss out on 4 months or so...now just need to sit down and work out how many children per day I've had for all that time as all mine are 1 or 2 days and there have been lots of changes since aug2014!! Worth the effort I'm hoping

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex__17 View Post
    Thanks for that, I didn't spot it in the faq, I called them and I can claim aug2014-sep2015 when new rules came in, then for previous 6 months so only miss out on 4 months or so...now just need to sit down and work out how many children per day I've had for all that time as all mine are 1 or 2 days and there have been lots of changes since aug2014!! Worth the effort I'm hoping
    I didn't realise you can still claim pre-sept '15, I have been catching up on claims from last 6 months (I gave up claiming a year or two ago) as really it is not hard- only take a few minutes and the money pops into your bank account the next day. I'll do the ones for pre- Sept '15 now. Thanks x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they said you can claim for the 2 years before the rules changed, as long as you were registered, so I didn't register with the milk things until Aug 2014 but if I'd registered earlier could have claimed from sept 2013-sept2015

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex__17 View Post
    Yes they said you can claim for the 2 years before the rules changed, as long as you were registered, so I didn't register with the milk things until Aug 2014 but if I'd registered earlier could have claimed from sept 2013-sept2015
    Great, I registered years ago but stopped claiming for a while.