Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad you started this mumofone. I usually go out in the morning without fail to a group or the park but then thought why should I run myself ragged as knew it was going to be very hot.

So, I have a large back garden with shade until 11.30 so my 18 month and 20 month old had a lovely time with water/slide play and everything else.

They had lunch, nap time and then more play in the garden and inside with book time, dinner time, but I still felt it was a very long day not going out and was wilting by the time the parents collected. It doesn't help that one parent always lingers and of course their child always ends up upset!

Served dinner, washed up, tidied up, then off to Sains to get bits for another group I run which has the party tomorrow morning. Still making sandwiches at 9 tonight and just sat down so it all starts again tomorrow!

Just another day in our childminding world.

Don't worry though by the end of the week it will be a bit cooler hopefully!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Just out of interest mouse, what do your 11 month and 21 month old get up to in the garden?
    I've got a small playhouse, a slide, a rocker, sand & water tables and a play kitchen that are permanently out. Then I've got some covered shelves where they can help themselves to balls, beanbags, ribbon sticks, play food, natural resources (pine cones, shells, stones, driftwood) etc.

Yesterday I also set up a play tent and got out 2 garages and lots of cars.

They spent a lot of the time going up and down the slide - 21 month old by himself while I helped the baby. Then they played in and out of the playhouse, mainly opening and shutting the door. They did sit and play with the cars for a while and went in & out of the tent, throwing themselves round inside it and knocking it over several times - they found it hilarious.
    Before we came inside I put the tuff spot on the ground and put some water in it. They crawled through it, sat in it, splashed toys in it.

At that age I pretty much leave them to do their own thing. The baby is just starting to walk so likes plenty of space to totter around. He's not bother about there being much to play with, he just likes to be on the move the whole time.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Today I set up my garden ....... I had this idea that it was going to be a little cooler, so lots of opportunity to stay in the garden...water wall sorted, ramps, gardening etc....my two 3 year olds just wanted to play with their babies ( dolls) ...in the house....in the hall - justifying that the hall was cool too ( as well as in the shade/ tent outside). One is moving on tomorrow as she has moved 30 miles away and parents have continued to bring her to me since March....so only one more day to play together....I just watched and listened and planned next week walking/ photography with DH.
    When home time came they both said they didn't want to go...they wanted to stay here forever....sometimes you just have to go with the flow...
    DH chuntered as he packed away the garden activities that had not been played with....they chose dolls over his water wall!!! ...he just does not get the call of dolls when you are 3!

5. Likes BallyH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Today I set up my garden ....... I had this idea that it was going to be a little cooler, so lots of opportunity to stay in the garden...water wall sorted, ramps, gardening etc....my two 3 year olds just wanted to play with their babies ( dolls) ...in the house....in the hall - justifying that the hall was cool too ( as well as in the shade/ tent outside). One is moving on tomorrow as she has moved 30 miles away and parents have continued to bring her to me since March....so only one more day to play together....I just watched and listened and planned next week walking/ photography with DH. When home time came they both said they didn't want to go...they wanted to stay here forever....sometimes you just have to go with the flow... DH chuntered as he packed away the garden activities that had not been played with....they chose dolls over his water wall!!! ...he just does not get the call of dolls when you are 3!
    Fd, I hope you don't me asking but would you and your husband otherwise be retired or was childminding a conscious career choice for you both? X

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Fd, I hope you don't me asking but would you and your husband otherwise be retired or was childminding a conscious career choice for you both? X
    DH retired ...with dreams of creating in wood.on his lathe and in his blacksmiths workshop....and Lego, riding his bike, taking photos...cooking..exploring local and national historical sites..
    I semi retired early and became an educational consultant....a close friend who unfortunately had no parents was trying to path out a career after having her child...I looked after her LO occasionally to help out...as a surrogate grandparent. She wanted to return to work....I was enjoying my days with LO more than my days with grown ups....we decided childminding was the way forward, she would feel happier if she paid me...I would be earning and therefore able to drop the grown up work...it suited all.
    DH became my chief cook, bottle washer, caretaker, toy mender, secretary.cleaner.... Extra money pays into our real retirement pot/ holidays/ nice things....he's happy...the LO's join him on his creating as our sons did...LO accompanies us to RSPB/ zoo/ national heritage visits.
    Original parent spreads the word...friends ask, parents have babies.....it just developed...we both now love our days ....only 3 days in September which is perfect.
    So...arrived here accidently but have thrown my heart and Saul into it...lovely to have the freedom to follow my vision ...
    DH is still just that, but does all the background roles and loves it as much as me...but he has to chunter over...wasted energy planning things that don't happen, turning off lights...buying resources for business with money that could be used for buying camera equipt ..he reminds me of my school bursar, he halves wipes if he takes one out of the packet, he makes resources that I show an interest in buying..he is not happy if LO's do not love his new vegetable/ fruit concoctions from the garden produce..but he secretly loves his days as much as I do...he isn't here all of the time as his interests keep him busy, but he does tell folk that the business is now his biggest interest.....he still gets to cook, bake, build Lego, make things....
    When our last LO starts school of our 4 families...then we are off on a grown ups gap few years, my childminding will be funding this ...but I am already deciding on the resources I will keep....just in case...as I am hooked on playing!

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    DH retired ...with dreams of creating in wood.on his lathe and in his blacksmiths workshop....and Lego, riding his bike, taking photos...cooking..exploring local and national historical sites..
    I semi retired early and became an educational consultant....a close friend who unfortunately had no parents was trying to path out a career after having her child...I looked after her LO occasionally to help out...as a surrogate grandparent. She wanted to return to work....I was enjoying my days with LO more than my days with grown ups....we decided childminding was the way forward, she would feel happier if she paid me...I would be earning and therefore able to drop the grown up work...it suited all.
    DH became my chief cook, bottle washer, caretaker, toy mender, secretary.cleaner.... Extra money pays into our real retirement pot/ holidays/ nice things....he's happy...the LO's join him on his creating as our sons did...LO accompanies us to RSPB/ zoo/ national heritage visits.
    Original parent spreads the word...friends ask, parents have babies.....it just developed...we both now love our days ....only 3 days in September which is perfect.
    So...arrived here accidently but have thrown my heart and Saul into it...lovely to have the freedom to follow my vision ...
    DH is still just that, but does all the background roles and loves it as much as me...but he has to chunter over...wasted energy planning things that don't happen, turning off lights...buying resources for business with money that could be used for buying camera equipt ..he reminds me of my school bursar, he halves wipes if he takes one out of the packet, he makes resources that I show an interest in buying..he is not happy if LO's do not love his new vegetable/ fruit concoctions from the garden produce..but he secretly loves his days as much as I do...he isn't here all of the time as his interests keep him busy, but he does tell folk that the business is now his biggest interest.....he still gets to cook, bake, build Lego, make things....
    When our last LO starts school of our 4 families...then we are off on a grown ups gap few years, my childminding will be funding this ...but I am already deciding on the resources I will keep....just in case...as I am hooked on playing!
    You both sound content and I feel I should send you a big hug! (but don't know where the hug icon is - sorry).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12