Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 13
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Indoor toys and outdoor toys

Who is a stickler for indoor toys to stay indoors?

Today we had the bright orange ball grace us with it presence and my lo started taking the farm outside ( wooden, recipe for disaster around the water ) he's little face when I asked him to bring it back in doors, felt like the ogre 🙈, the boring police had arrived lol.

My playroom has the doors straight into the garden, it's very handy but I hate indoor toys going outside, My OCD goes into overdrive 😱

2. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not keen as they pick eg cars with buttons and batteries to wash in the water table then don't realise why they never work again! I allow some indoor toys outside but check they're plastic and can withstand being washed/caked in mud etc I hate them getting ruined and filthy and impossible to clean as they always want to bring them back inside

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chellewilks View Post
    Who is a stickler for indoor toys to stay indoors?

Today we had the bright orange ball grace us with it presence and my lo started taking the farm outside ( wooden, recipe for disaster around the water ) he's little face when I asked him to bring it back in doors, felt like the ogre ?de48, the boring police had arrived lol.

My playroom has the doors straight into the garden, it's very handy but I hate indoor toys going outside, My OCD goes into overdrive ?de31

I'm the same. All the little pieces get lost. The children are not going to suffer side effects for the rest of their lives if I don't allow the toys outside
    Tess1981

5. Likes Dragonfly liked this post
    July 13
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad I'm not the only one with sad faced lo's 😆

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im usually fairly happy to let them. Im sure my home would be much tidier if I could borrow a bit of somebodys ocd please!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have outdoor toys and indoor toys ... so plastic kitchen equipment and food, as well as old real bits and natural things like cones etc. (For outside, rather than my wooden play food/pots which stay inside)

I also have a box of old cars that can get trashed!

I have a box of outside books and outside megablocks, little people and animals and other toys. It then doesn't matter if they get left out in the rain, covered in mud/sand etc. (The books I do always make sure the lid is on and usually put away in the shed or play house)

Some other toys do go in and out but only occasionally.

9. Likes hectors house, FloraDora liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Outdoor and indoor mainly seperate, except some small world - dinosaurs in dinosaurland, fairies in outdoor fairyland and smallworld setting indoors. Under the sea creatures go out in the water, farm goes in and out. I have outdoor big construction smallworld and indoor smaller. The babies and buggies go out and in.
    Generally though outdoor play is usually different types of activity - with natural loose parts and soil and sand, digging gardening, larger balls etc...
    The outdoor kitchen has metal pots and pans specifically for outdoors.
    When it's hot we don't take in out, we play differently out and then from 11-2 stay in out of the mid day sun...so indoor toys are there waiting indoors for them.
    Like Loocyloo I have a set of outdoor cars for the guttering and ramp play, largely because they are more robust.

Books are outdoors for a purpose...linked with outdoor activities and usually in bird hide or tent...unless we specifically go out to read a story outdoors together.
    My outdoor area is an extension, I don't repeat all the areas from indoors outdoors, different activities lead to different equipment outdoors that usually enables more discovery and exploring, taking risks, understanding the natural environment etc...

11. Likes hectors house, loocyloo liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to be allowing of it but do have the it cant have batteries and must be made of plastic. Even the 18month old understands to rules.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have separate indoor and outdoor toys, but will take extra bits outside as and when we need them.

Outdoor toys tend to be plastic so they can go in water, sand & soil, or natural resources that can get wet and dirty. Indoor toys are wooden, fabric or natural resources that can't get wet.

The children ask if they want to take toys outside, or bring outdoor toys inside, but understand if I say no. Last week one lo had been playing indoors with the wooden tea set and some tea bags and wanted to take them outside to play at the water table. I explained how the water would ruin the wood and why she could have the plastic set outside instead. I guess I'm lucky that I have most resources in indoor and outdoor versions, so if a child wanted a farm outside (as per the original post) I could give them the plastic one and keep the wooden one inside

14. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the toys and other stuff here go either place. A few things stay indoors because they require a table top. I'm not massively fussed overall, but some days I can find it irritating.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by singingcactus View Post
    Most of the toys and other stuff here go either place. A few things stay indoors because they require a table top. I'm not massively fussed overall, but some days I can find it irritating.
    Haha this is me sometimes I have had to run to get the resources in when the weather changes.

But then again setting the snooker table up outside and not checking the weather forecast maybe wasn't the best but the kids enjoyed having more space
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just started laughing to my self because we have all said that we keep the wooden natural resources inside so they dont get wet, and put all the plastic man made rubbish outside. It just sounds so funny and i do have a bucket of pine cones that can only be used inside incase they get dirty i think i might have to let them go outside in their natural environment at some point.

19. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post