How long do you wait?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long do you wait?

I had a meeting with a potential new parent on Tuesday. I've not heard from her yet regarding if she is interested in the space or not. I don't want to seem pushy but it is a space I'm desperate to fill. How long do you guys wait before contacting again to ask if they're interested?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I don't ever contact them, I just leave them to it x

If you do want to though, why not just drop them a text to say

Hi, it was lovely to meet you the other day. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like any more information. I know how hard it is deciding on the right childcare so am happy to answer any of your queries x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always email immediately after the meeting to say nice to meet you, to send any paperwork to read and to confirm the date we agreed to speak again. By fixing a date at that first meeting you make it clear that you are not just sitting around indefinitely waiting on them. You also can find out that way who else they are seeing ('we're seeing two next week on Wed I'll let you know by that Fri' etc). And it stops the time wasters who might just never get back to you (I email saying (+ a phone call or text just in case they don;t see email)- as we agreed, can you let me know today as I have other enquiries and need to proceed to fill this place, if I don't hear from you I will assume you have found childcare elsewhere... etc). In agreeing a date to speak again I can also point out that I have other enquiries ('I am seeing a family tomorrow and have a couple I am talking to so I will be able to decide on xxx date' etc) (even if it stretching the truth a little), always good to show you have options and are not desperate.

If you didn't agree a date, then I think there is no problem in contacting now and saying you'd like to hear how they are doing in their search for childcare and that you have other enquiries so could they let you know xxx date, would they like to have a second visit or if they have any questions etc.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, great suggestions. I will contact her this weekend.