AWFUL weather!  What are you upto today?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default AWFUL weather! What are you upto today?

I'm not one to shy away from drizzle, but it is bucketing down! Have things booked for tomorrow and Thursday which are 'indoorsy' and so really wanted to go to a farm or a zoo today, but that's not going to happen as the rain is here to stay.

Might have to do some science investigations and our new board games, but I really wanted to go on a trip.

What are you all up to?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warm and fine in Exmoor - great walking/bird / horse watching weather earlier.
    Quick Iron Age visit next then lunch and then, when the weather is forcast to turn late this afternoon, we are doing a village / small town tour for our possible retirement destination.

Could you go out to an indoor venue? Just manage the rain getting there? My boys used to love bedroom clear outs on rainy days too....blitzing the junk and toys and clothes...moving a cupboard or a bed...they always went to bed earlier on bedroom blitz days too as they wanted to be in their 'new' ( just reorganised) room.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm sitting in an auditorium watching dance competition ... No idea what the weather is doing!

Working tomorrow and had planned the beach, but torrential rain forecast ... so no idea!

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    I'm not one to shy away from drizzle, but it is bucketing down! Have things booked for tomorrow and Thursday which are 'indoorsy' and so really wanted to go to a farm or a zoo today, but that's not going to happen as the rain is here to stay.

Might have to do some science investigations and our new board games, but I really wanted to go on a trip.

What are you all up to?
    It's definitely summer here....Blue sky high Temps and children crying because they are hot and tired. ...
    Plan to spend it outdoors if the children can drag themselves outside. Want to get out to the poly tunnel and get them to water the plants
    Tess1981

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we're having a lovely day. I just needed to get over my disappointment of not going to the zoo or farm!

Only got DD today. We read one of our rainy day books (weather books are my favourite) and decided to make paper boats as they did in our story. DD then had a bath with the boats and I read her some more rainy day books with the rain beating at the bathroom window. Then she wanted to make cookies like they did in our story, and so we did. We're just about to watch some rainy day stories on youtube.

The problem with indoor places on rainy days is that they are usually jammed, as everyone has the same idea, so I generally avoid them. I love going to the park on drizzly days and ALWAYS meet likeminded parents doing the same thing! It's so cozy. Not drizzly at all today though, lol.

Floradora I hope your trip is lovely and proving to be the respite that you and DH need right now.

Enjoy the hot weather Tess1981, loocyloo, hope the dance comp is going well! x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post

What are you all up to?
    It's been an absolutely beautiful day here park first thing and just been to the local pool and sports hall.

It's is beginning to look a bit miserable now though
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

not at all pleasant here - cold and windy and drizzly. We went to soft play this morning - and were amazed to have the place to ourselves! It did get busier as we were leaving around 1130 - maybe everyone else has a lie in in the holidays!!
    Weve played at home this afternoon , and had some really lovely creative play going on , totally child led and everyone got involved. More rain forecast tomorrow - hoping to get to the allotment if we can.

12. Likes Maza liked this post
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Really wet and windy here too. We went to a place that has indoor and outdoor things to do to just do indoor things and luckily most people seemed to not think of that cos it was quite quiet! So we went in an illusions place and soft play and then played crazy golf when the rain stopped! Out from 10-3, age range 2-10 and 6 kids were happy. Result ;-)

14. Likes Maza liked this post
    May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I decided to stay in today with my mindees as it was such terrible weather! I'm usually out and about but both children came along after the bank holiday weekend nearly falling asleep on their feet so I changed my plans.

First dad said they had been up since 4am and I felt sorry for him going off to work!

Second dad more or less said the same so I re-adjusted my day as being half term most places were shut anyway.

Managed to get to the local park this afternoon with my roll of paper towel wiping down the slides, swings etc. and people looked at me as if to say "?" but they don't seem to understand it when I go to shut the park gate when they've left it open?

Did painting, reading, lunch-time, sleep-time in between other bits so hopefully they've benefitted from my input.
    Last edited by catswhiskers; 31-05-2016 at 10:27 PM.

16. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we should be afraid to say we've stayed in if its bad weather. I think we have it drummed into us that being outside is the be all and end all and no childminder dare say they're spending a day indoors!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres nothing at all wrong with a day indoors - I just avoid blaming the weather! Probably my forest school background - no bad weather , just bad clothing! We are heading to the allotment this morning - its looking pretty dreich out there but we'll wrap up and take hot chocolate!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I don't think we should be afraid to say we've stayed in if its bad weather. I think we have it drummed into us that being outside is the be all and end all and no childminder dare say they're spending a day indoors!
    I agree mumofone, although it was just me and DD, no mindees. It was me who was desperate to get out, DD was more than happy to stay in. Once they start school they have less time for extended free play at home with their toys and so she was in her element. We had a great time until about 2pm and then I was climbing the walls, lol. I walked down to the library and had fun browsing the books by myself - DD stayed home with DH.

Looks like it's awful weather again today. DD is off to her friend's house for the day and so it's just me and my chores. Need to get some passport photos done today - boring.