Funding amount
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Funding amount

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Funding amount

    Hi I'm new here, I'm currently working my way through HBCA and hope to be registered before the summer, I have 2 families waiting for me. My question is in regards to funding, where do I find out what level my la funding is? The average that minders charge per hour is 3.50 and I'm happy with this amount, before I offer funding though I want to make sure it's a comparable amount. Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,783
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only place to ask is your LA- call the Early Years team and ask, or your local Family Information Service. The info may be online on your LA's website- search 'Free Entitlement', there may be different rates for 2yr olds and for 3-4 yr olds. There maybe extra for children from particular postcodes in some areas. The LA can also tell you how and when they pay and what the proceedure is for registering to offer Free Entitlement.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbielou View Post
    Hi I'm new here, I'm currently working my way through HBCA and hope to be registered before the summer, I have 2 families waiting for me. My question is in regards to funding, where do I find out what level my la funding is? The average that minders charge per hour is 3.50 and I'm happy with this amount, before I offer funding though I want to make sure it's a comparable amount. Thanks
    What's HBCA?

  4. #4
    Simona Guest

    Default

    This will give you an idea what the funding rates are in your LA
    Also look at your LA's website as it should be there

    Funding rates for 2 year olds
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...15_to_2016.pdf

    Another link you can check as guidance

    https://t.co/nAGa9tzkzG

    In future the rates will change to accommodate the 30 hours...your LA should keep you informed of any developments when it comes to rates paid.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    What's HBCA?
    Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare, it has replaced the Cypop5 in England. HTHs

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    This will give you an idea what the funding rates are in your LA
    Also look at your LA's website as it should be there

    Funding rates for 2 year olds
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...15_to_2016.pdf

    Another link you can check as guidance

    https://t.co/nAGa9tzkzG

    In future the rates will change to accommodate the 30 hours...your LA should keep you informed of any developments when it comes to rates paid.
    Thank you very much that is really helpful, looks like funding amount is higher than I plan to charge. Thank you

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 16
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    The only place to ask is your LA- call the Early Years team and ask, or your local Family Information Service. The info may be online on your LA's website- search 'Free Entitlement', there may be different rates for 2yr olds and for 3-4 yr olds. There maybe extra for children from particular postcodes in some areas. The LA can also tell you how and when they pay and what the proceedure is for registering to offer Free Entitlement.
    Thanks I have contacted my early years time requesting information on how to register to accept funding.

  8. #8
    Simona Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbielou View Post
    Thank you very much that is really helpful, looks like funding amount is higher than I plan to charge. Thank you
    Bear in mind that some LAs are actually reducing the funding...it is a real mess at the moment.
    Whatever you do put your business hat on and think carefully about what you can charge outside the 15 hours...keep your business sustainable and making a small profit too...even HMRC expect cms to do so!

    A lot will change as the 30 hours pilots get underway in September...so far it is not that good news!!
    Also make sure your LA does not add too many conditions to access funding especially for Cms.

    In addition the DfE is also looking at how LAs pay our funding as they are aware that many providers have a long wait

    Good luck!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,047
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newbielou View Post
    Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare, it has replaced the Cypop5 in England. HTHs
    Oh thanks, I didn't know that!! :-) X

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Funding amount Funding amount Funding amount

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk