Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Sorry to hear you're upset by the silly recommendations.

How was the rest of the feedback? Was everything else good? Sometimes I think we overlook the positive comments they make and find ourselves totally focusing on the negatives.

If these are recomendations, they're not something you have to do. They're just something the inspector has identified as areas you could work on. There's nothing to say you couldn't note that you have considered the recommendations, have decided they are not necessary, so will not be doing them. You can clearly explain what you already do, how these added tasks wouldn't have any benefit for the children and how what you already do is more than sufficient.

I'm sure there's a consultation going on at the moment about cutting unnecessary paperwork or burdens placed on us. Maybe you could find it and add your comments there. Are you also given the opportunity to give feedback following your inspection? I know you have already told the inspector (good for you), but I'd put it in writing as well if I could.

In the meantime and for your own peace of mind, try to focus on the positive things that were said. If anyone asks or if you tell anyone about your inspection, start with all the good things that were said. Leave the recommendations as the afterthought at the end - don't make them the main thing about your inspection.
    Thank you Mouse. It's really nice of you to try and spin me into more positive thinking. I have looked at the positive comments and on the whole it is a nice write up. The problem is I simply don't value their opinion anymore. And a lot of parents don't either. A parent I work with had a childminder previous to me who was 'Outstanding'. Her opinion of her was that she loved her paperwork yet hated the children. She doesn't feel Ofsted's opinion is worth the paper it's printed on and she's not the only one. It's all such a shame
    Blondes have more fun!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeMoment View Post
    Thank you Mouse. It's really nice of you to try and spin me into more positive thinking. I have looked at the positive comments and on the whole it is a nice write up. The problem is I simply don't value their opinion anymore. And a lot of parents don't either. A parent I work with had a childminder previous to me who was 'Outstanding'. Her opinion of her was that she loved her paperwork yet hated the children. She doesn't feel Ofsted's opinion is worth the paper it's printed on and she's not the only one. It's all such a shame
    I have to also agree. My sister used to send my Niece to a Childminder who was outstanding. However my sister felt this was all due to the paperwork being absolutely spot on, and not due to the care of the children. My niece used to regularly come home in tears, hated going, and when she learnt to talk, told of promised farm trips that never happened, lots of television on, and the Childminder regularly ironing when the children were around. Stuff a 2/3 year old couldn't make up basically. My sister swapped childminders to a 'good' one, and the change in my neice was instant. She loved it and loved going.

3. Likes BlondeMoment liked this post
    July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeMoment View Post
    It's such a shame that childcarers are starting to feel this way. I feel the same as you. I've been working with children from the age of 19, worked in London as a nanny, had 5yrs off having my own 2 children and then went into childminding 9yrs ago.
    I had 1 really good inspection 8months in, then I've had 2 that have made me question myself and everything I've ever known. I was low for a while and lost all respect for Ofsted after the comments made.
    Starting on a 'good' and really wanting and working for a better grade for nearly 4yrs knowing that you've improved immensely but ending up with the same grade. And then working another 3.5yrs, putting my job before my own family to be told again that I'm still the same. (and to be told that I would be outstanding if i'd been inspected 2months earlier) It's a joke.

Now, I have lost all faith in the system. I do what I have to do, nothing more. I work to a minimum of what needs to be done as long as the children are progressing and happy. I'm not striving for the outstanding that I wanted as I feel I only wanted it to prove something to myself. Now I don't want it as I don't believe in the way things are done. Ofsted have done some great things but have also destroyed a lot of other things. I have a lot of respect for Sarah Neville who has achieved her 3rd Outstanding but I couldn't do what she does. I'm not someone who can give so much time to work, I just about manage to work a 40hr week and keep the house under control with DH and 2 hormonal teenagers, 2 cats and a dog. I couldn't give so much of my spare time to help everyone like Sarah does. She is literally 1 in a million and I thought I was on the go all the time until I read what Sarah does.

Don't let it get to you like its got to me. Chin up, there's worse things to worry about. You know yourself if your doing a good job, you don't need someone coming round telling you otherwise and picking you to pieces.

Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

5. Likes loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    It's such a shame that childcarers are starting to feel this way. I feel the same as you. I've been working with children from the age of 19, worked in London as a nanny, had 5yrs off having my own 2 children and then went into childminding 9yrs ago.
    I had 1 really good inspection 8months in, then I've had 2 that have made me question myself and everything I've ever known. I was low for a while and lost all respect for Ofsted after the comments made.
    Starting on a 'good' and really wanting and working for a better grade for nearly 4yrs knowing that you've improved immensely but ending up with the same grade. And then working another 3.5yrs, putting my job before my own family to be told again that I'm still the same. (and to be told that I would be outstanding if i'd been inspected 2months earlier) It's a joke.

Now, I have lost all faith in the system. I do what I have to do, nothing more. I work to a minimum of what needs to be done as long as the children are progressing and happy. I'm not striving for the outstanding that I wanted as I feel I only wanted it to prove something to myself. Now I don't want it as I don't believe in the way things are done. Ofsted have done some great things but have also destroyed a lot of other things. I have a lot of respect for Sarah Neville who has achieved her 3rd Outstanding but I couldn't do what she does. I'm not someone who can give so much time to work, I just about manage to work a 40hr week and keep the house under control with DH and 2 hormonal teenagers, 2 cats and a dog. I couldn't give so much of my spare time to help everyone like Sarah does. She is literally 1 in a million and I thought I was on the go all the time until I read what Sarah does.

Don't let it get to you like its got to me. Chin up, there's worse things to worry about. You know yourself if your doing a good job, you don't need someone coming round telling you otherwise and picking you to pieces.

Thank you. It's great someone else knows how I feel x
    Blondes have more fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12