hoping somebody can help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hoping somebody can help

So I have been offered a nanny job as an ofsted registered nanny... Regarding PLI.. My employer to be says they have PLI covered on there home insurance but is going to ring their provider and check so she thinks I don't need any... I thought I would need some to cover myself incase they sued me or something?! x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    So I have been offered a nanny job as an ofsted registered nanny... Regarding PLI.. My employer to be says they have PLI covered on there home insurance but is going to ring their provider and check so she thinks I don't need any... I thought I would need some to cover myself incase they sued me or something?! x
    No help im afraid but just wanted to say congratulations on the job offer! :-) x

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I always had my own as personal insurance for me when i was a nanny. Sorry though, i can't remember who it was with. Ring your current insurer and ask if they do it.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you are a gold mber on childcare.co.uk you get it as part of your membership
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

I have had quotes off all popular providers.. but I wondering do I need to get it if PLI is covered on my employers home insurance and ill be working in their home?x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had quotes off all popular providers.. but I wondering do I need to get it if PLI is covered on my employers home insurance and ill be working in their home?x
    I'm not sure of you know but the forum runs a sister fb group called nanny chat just nannies.

People on their are clued up on all the dos and donts.

If you dont do fb if you want I can post on their for you asking any questions you have.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

that is so kind and would be great as I don't do fb! Im just wanting to know if my employers having PLI under their home insurance covers me or do I need my own? thanks so much x

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

that is so kind and would be great as I don't do fb! Im just wanting to know if my employers having PLI under their home insurance covers me or do I need my own? thanks so much x
    I have asked for you I will update you later

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She needs her own. If becoming registered, it is a requirement of the registration scheme.
    There are various providers, Morton Michel, NannyInsure, Childcare.co.uk/insurance to name a few.

When looking at policies it is important to look at what cover is provided and at the exclusions. Some policies provide legal helpline for employment law advise, others do not. All policies will cover the children in the nannies care, should the nanny be liable for something that happens to a child (subject to some exclusions - often restriction in use of trampolines for example).

Simona Guest

Check BAPN website which explains expectations to parents employing a nanny...posted in another thread recently

https://www.bapn.org.uk/Websites/1/I...anny%20(1).pdf

Post Thanks / Like

thanks fussyelmo that is what I thought at the back of my mind now the subject of asking employer to pay for it ! awkwardness x

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you need to pay for your own insurance. What happens if you need to make a claim against the family or leave to work for someone else? I nannied for 10 years before having my dd and always paid my own (with MM) and paid for my own first aid. I never became registered, at the time none of the families would have benefited from being able to pay in vouchers. I would of asked them to contribute towards the registration cost though.

I'll have a look and see if I can find an official reference to paying for your own insurance (rather than just my memory of having read/ been advised something back in 1999 ish).

Edited to add:

Just had a look at:

https://www.childcare.co.uk/informat...nny-be-insured

Nanny Insurance | Insurance for nanniesParental Choice

and it seems to be fine to split the cost, but might be worth checking with your insurer.
    Last edited by Lal; 15-04-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

They want me to be ofsted registered therefore they need to pay the mandatories.. I don't want to remain ofsted registered it is purely for their benefit

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They want me to be ofsted registered therefore they need to pay the mandatories.. I don't want to remain ofsted registered it is purely for their benefit
    Is it worth losing the position for?

are you going to be self employed or are they employing you?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes ive made it clear I have no interest of being ofsted registered and they have said they are happy to pay there is main benefit for employer only. It is simply a status thing for employee which I don't feel I need yeh ill be employed by them

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes ive made it clear I have no interest of being ofsted registered and they have said they are happy to pay there is main benefit for employer only. It is simply a status thing for employee which I don't feel I need yeh ill be employed by them
    Then give one of the insurance companies a call and ask of its acceptable for the employers to pay your pli.
    As I could see where a conflict of interest could come in.
    If they say yes it's ok then you need to have the discussion with your perspective employers.

Post Thanks / Like

I will just pay it and send a copy of receipt and they will reimburse or add to pay already discussed so all sorted

Simona Guest

The parents may not be able to access childcare benefits or Childcare vouchers if you are not registered...check it out in case they change their mind on you not being registered....it is a lot of money for them to lose.

There is also a call to make all nannies registered....find out for your benefit.
    If they reimburse you via your pay make sure this is not taxed.