Inundated with enquiries
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inundated with enquiries

Has anyone else found themselves inundated with enquiries at the moment? I've not known it this busy for a while.

I'm getting enquiries every day and have already had 2 this morning. Shame I've got no spaces!!

Registered Childminder since
    sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Has anyone else found themselves inundated with enquiries at the moment? I've not known it this busy for a while.

I'm getting enquiries every day and have already had 2 this morning. Shame I've got no spaces!!
    I am the same. I had to organise all parents last week with regards to September school runs as I will be that busy and I have a baby booked in for March 2017. ... currently curled up in mummy's belly lol . All of the 5 new mindees are from past and present parents. They all agreed to take what I could offer... one wanted 5 days and I said I am still not taking on children on a Wednesday as during school holidays it's my day of and I currently only mind 1 child on a Wednesday during term time and he leaves early so I can fit all appointments etc on this day.... glad to see it being busy as a year ago I was really busy and then went really quiet
    Tess1981

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I've turned away about 4 families in the last week and 1 still came to see me even though I told her I had no spaces! She wants a September start so is keeping her fingers crossed that a couple of my under 5's don't get into the school that we do so she can have their space! I've never known it to be this busy in all my 25+ years of minding and now and again consider taking on a 2nd assistant!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Same here and only a couple of odd spaces for september which i have already filled!
    I'm not even expecting anyone to leave!

I've also had a family insist on visiting me despite my not having any chance of 2 spaces 3 days a week! I've put them off for now.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here also. Had a visit this morning. Starts September. Another visit on Tuesday even thought I won't have any spaces till next September. 2 enquiries last week - no more room. And the 30 hours funding isn't in yet. That's when the enquiries, for bits and pieces, will really start.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for the floodgates to open when the school places are confirmed next week. Had one school run request already, but turned it down, as it was for 3 children aged 5-7 years. I'd have to use an EY place to accommodate them, and the idea of 3 newcomers from one family is too scary for me to contemplate in any case.

Had a few EY requests I just didn't have room for, but the sort I'd love to take on, as they're what you might call "deserving cases".

Also had a couple I just said a flat "no" to, without even checking my available days, as the parents were so pushy/demanding.

One new starter though, who is an absolute charm.

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish!

I'm loosing 4 of my 5 kids this summer, 3 are off to school after being with me for nearly 4 years and one schoolie is going to after school club instead.

I'm not panicking too much at the minute as it doesn't tend to get really busy here until just before the schools go back but I am slightly concerned, while all the free time sounds amazing I do need to make some money to survive!

I do have a prospective parent coming to visit on Tuesday so fingers crossed

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post

I am the same. I had to organise all parents last week with regards to September school runs as I will be that busy and I have a baby booked in for March 2017. ... currently curled up in mummy's belly lol . All of the 5 new mindees are from past and present parents. They all agreed to take what I could offer... one wanted 5 days and I said I am still not taking on children on a Wednesday as during school holidays it's my day of and I currently only mind 1 child on a Wednesday during term time and he leaves early so I can fit all appointments etc on this day.... glad to see it being busy as a year ago I was really busy and then went really quiet
    Just had an enquiry 10 mins ago (yes 11.20pm) it is from a cousin of mine who only. Just had her baby a couple weeks ago and wants me to have him in January.

Felt.so bad saying I'm full but will let her have first refusal if a space comes up ....
    Long may it last. All my wee odds and ends availability is taken up too...
    Tess1981

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's fits and starts here at the moment. All before and after school, for which I have limited days available and everyone wants m-f

Got one going to big school in September, so frees up an EYFS space 4 days a week, and 2 starting AM preschool, but I'm also looking forward to having an easier time for a while so not in a hurry to replace even if an enquiry does come along (bad minder lol)