Sand and water table area
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sand and water table area

I have a large sand and water table that sits on my lawn and inevitably after just a couple of minutes the whole area is drenched and becomes a slippery mud bath. Is there anything j can put on the ground to solve this? What Dyou all do? Unfortunately ive only got grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and what age do they stop drinking the water and trying to eat the ****** sand?!
    Last edited by FussyElmo; 31-03-2016 at 02:23 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think the key to water play is the size of the container - sometimes if it is too small then they splash over the sides.

What works for me at this time of the year is to put smaller things in a water table- jugs, scoops, pipettes, syringes, bottles, tea set - which lend themselves to exploring filling - it seems to fascinate them and I rarely have spillage.
    Another non mess with water is to put in Under the sea or fish or mermaids - small world, again they play with the smallworld and little overflow.
    I tend to let them have water play in different ways though - at the outdoor kitchen, mixing with loose materials, watering the plants and garden. Making little pretend ponds. Making perfume.
    When the weather is nicer they do more splashy things when it dries quickly....waterwalls, splash mats, etc...

I wouldn't put the sand and water together unless you want it to be wet sand which is great for other types of play.

A piece of leftover carpet/ old carpet on top of the grass then tray on top of it might help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    I think the key to water play is the size of the container - sometimes if it is too small then they splash over the sides. What works for me at this time of the year is to put smaller things in a water table- jugs, scoops, pipettes, syringes, bottles, tea set - which lend themselves to exploring filling - it seems to fascinate them and I rarely have spillage. Another non mess with water is to put in Under the sea or fish or mermaids - small world, again they play with the smallworld and little overflow. I tend to let them have water play in different ways though - at the outdoor kitchen, mixing with loose materials, watering the plants and garden. Making little pretend ponds. Making perfume. When the weather is nicer they do more splashy things when it dries quickly....waterwalls, splash mats, etc... I wouldn't put the sand and water together unless you want it to be wet sand which is great for other types of play. A piece of leftover carpet/ old carpet on top of the grass then tray on top of it might help.
    Thanks flora, I think you may have linked to them before but can I ask which pipettes and syringes you have please?

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks flora, I think you may have linked to them before but can I ask which pipettes and syringes you have please?
    Pictures of the ones we use the most below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Ooo I like the pipettes in the stand Flora - where did you get them from please?

miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Ooo I like the pipettes in the stand Flora - where did you get them from please?

miffy xx
    Learning resources- Primary science jumbo droppers - Amazon .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    Learning resources- Primary science jumbo droppers - Amazon .
    Thank you FloraDora - I will have a look at those

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!