Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Facebook

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Facebook

Does anyone use a facebook page that could advise me about how you go about getting the settings right to make it suitable for the purpose of keeping in touch with parents? I would obviously need parent's permission and also have a policy regarding acceptable use, it's more the settings side of it and the type of things you put on there.

My son's pre-school have a page and use it to share updates on the termly topics and also post photos of activities, it's a great way to share the children's learning with their parents but I'm worried about likes and shares of people's kids all over facebook so I have only used it for advertising so far.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a facebook page which is mainly for advertising, I do post photos of activities etc but I never show photos of the children. If it's more to share things with current parents you could set up a private group on facebook where only you and people you invite to the group can see what you post, I know some childminders who do that.
    Pixie Dust

Post Thanks / Like

I use my normal facebook page. I put on statuses such as 'had a great day in the zoo with my babies, love my job '
    I put pictures of crafts we have done and cakes we have baked. Pictures of my messy kitchen after painting etc. Never pictures of kids.
    I am friends with all my mindees parents and have had a lot of recommendations from friends who gave friends looking for childcare

Post Thanks / Like

I just did a permission form and a section for each prent to say if they were happy or not for me to upload either frontal/side or back of head or none at all shots.. they all ticked yes but had they not I would just only put pics on of ones who were happy

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You can create a 'secret' Facebook group which doesn't come up in any searches. You have to invite parents to join. I have the privacy settings as high and good as I can make them and tell parents that. They sign permission forms to allow me to use Facebook for their children. I put photos of the children playing, doing crafts, baking and activities etc. It's a great way to share photos.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Louise_Oaktree View Post
    Does anyone use a facebook page that could advise me about how you go about getting the settings right to make it suitable for the purpose of keeping in touch with parents? I would obviously need parent's permission and also have a policy regarding acceptable use, it's more the settings side of it and the type of things you put on there.

My son's pre-school have a page and use it to share updates on the termly topics and also post photos of activities, it's a great way to share the children's learning with their parents but I'm worried about likes and shares of people's kids all over facebook so I have only used it for advertising so far.
    There is a difference between pages and groups.

A page has to be set to open so anymore can access it. So of you put photographs on there anyone can copy and paste them. Pages anyone can post comments.

Groups there are 3 you can set up.

Open anyone can see what is posted.

Closed people can find it in a search and request to join but non members cannot see what is posted on there.

Secret people cannot find it in a search you can only add people if they are your friends. Non members cannot see anything posted.

Groups you can also set up that only you can post. But members can reply once you post.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door