do I need to give notice
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Default do I need to give notice

Well that lasted long!! Child came her 2 days last week -all be it late - and her next day is today and ----------- no show and no call/text!! Really fed up with it now. I know I am getting paid for not having her but that's beside the point. She is using a place someone else could have and it's just rude to not inform me (or am I just being old fashioned?)

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    Well that lasted long!! Child came her 2 days last week -all be it late - and her next day is today and ----------- no show and no call/text!! Really fed up with it now. I know I am getting paid for not having her but that's beside the point. She is using a place someone else could have and it's just rude to not inform me (or am I just being old fashioned?)
    I started replying and then had to delete my sentence....thought long and hard before I wrote as not to say the wrong thing.

I would give notice, its rude just not to turn up without a phonecall/text and its happening a lot. The 2yr old funding is put in place to help disadvantaged families and give education to the children but....they obviously have more important things to do than turn up....its rude!
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be able to work with the uncertainty, so would give notice. Easter would be a convenient time so you can kee your funding up until then but not claim for next term.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

As JC said 2 year old funding is for disadvantaged children. Although mum is not paying, so in her mind it's free, so that's the problem, we all know that nothing is really free, and that it's being paid for by everyone else.
    I would personally contact your funding term again, and suggest you are thinking about giving notice. What a waste of an opportunity for this child.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

If they take more than two weeks off in a term you could be asked to pay the money back depending which la you are in, I'd ring the la and discuss the issue you have then give notice, mum obviously doesn't really need it if she's not turning up unless you have identified other issues that prevent the child attending regularly ?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that the local LA Funding Team need to know and also the Children's Centre and Health Visitor.

This child has met certain criteria in order to qualify for this Funding. It is a matter of concern that they are not coming and indeed could be considered a Safeguarding concern.

This needs to be discussed before you just give notice I think for the well-being of the child.

7. Likes Ripeberry liked this post