could anyone spare a minute to help..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks..scared!! do I give 4weeks from the day I send letter or 4 weeks from what they haven't already paid? I send invoices in advance so they have all paid until end march but 4 weeks takes me into april x

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be 4 weeks from when you send the letter. Just make the next invoice up until the end of the notice period. Good luck x

3. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with mouses letter too ! Good luck :-) xx

5. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    thanks..scared!! do I give 4weeks from the day I send letter or 4 weeks from what they haven't already paid? I send invoices in advance so they have all paid until end march but 4 weeks takes me into april x
    It would normally be 4 weeks from the date of the letter, but depending on which contracts you use the notice period shouldn't include any holidays - are you closed at all over easter, or are the children away at all?

If the 4 weeks takes you into April you would invoice them as normal for those extra few days.

Are you happy for them to leave before the end of the 4 week period if they make other arrangements before then? Some parents might want to leave sooner than the 4 weeks, so have a think about how you would deal with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya no one away over easter and im open apart from bank hols but they are only at end of march so already been took off this months invoice, they have all signed contract that states 4 weeks notice either way after the first month so they coukd leave before 4 weeks but they would still be paying x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Agree with mouses letter too ! Good luck :-) xx
    make some room in your inbox mumofone x

9. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry jessy, I'll clear it out tonight xx

Post Thanks / Like

I've only just seen this! Jessymax hope you are ok, xxxx

12. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Try now :-) xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Try now :-) xx
    I just have it still says your inbox is full! Xx

Post Thanks / Like

I just have it still says your inbox is full! Xx
    Argh..try now! :-) I hate this site, the inbox capacity is rubbish! Ive deleted some more messages now so hopefully yours gets through this time :-) x

Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I just wanted to say good luck. I have been doing this job for about a year, and have found it really tough at times. The first 6 months I found really tough, especially the lack of adult contact and not being able to give my own kids 100%. Things have settled down, I have met some other CMs who I see weekly, and I am working less days (at the moment just 2 days a week and 3 days a week after easter) so I get to spend time with my 3 yo before he starts school in Sept 17 and catch up with friends. Having the support of other CMs has made the world of difference.

Anyway, I'm sure its the right decision for you.

17. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you clear your inbox a bit Jessymax then I can reply to your message
    Teacake2

19. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you are feeling so down. Homesickness is awful. Keep chatting to us even when you do hand in your notice. xxx

Post Thanks / Like

How are things Jessymax?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi crumpet, things are ok thanks. Havent given notice yet as financially I cant until I have something in place :/ Been toying with just dropping to part time and doing 3 days and 2 days elsewhere but I am very up and down about that. very confused x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi crumpet, things are ok thanks. Havent given notice yet as financially I cant until I have something in place :/ Been toying with just dropping to part time and doing 3 days and 2 days elsewhere but I am very up and down about that. very confused x
    Yes that might be an option, drop to part time, see how you feel. Take each day as it comes xxx

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you're struggling. If you think you're going to have to continue for the time being I would strongly recommend dropping to PT - even 1 day break from it makes a massive difference but I've found working 3 long days at full capacity so much easier than then 5 day week for less hours/children. I would also urge you to get out of the house every day and try and make contact with other local cm's. I found the first 6 months really hard partly because I was adjusting to being self-employed working with children (from a corporate office) but mainly because I was so busy trying to recreate a nursery environment & keep perfect eyfs records that I didn't go anywhere or see any adults for 10 hours a day. I now love my job and my week flies by - i work Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and have an at home day Thursday but go out Monday & Wednesday. Sometimes to toddler groups, other times the park, woods, bus to the library or childminding group. I've got 2 good cm friends and we often do days out together or just go to each other' houses. It's this variety and adult conversation that makes the difference and hard as it is to start, it is worth the first few cringeworthy times you go to a group & speak to no one . I really hope it works out for you

25. Likes BallyH, Jessymax liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12