Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Husbands/partners view on our job.

Does anybody elses husbands/partners get a bit edgy sometimes on the amount of space your job takes up.

Over the last few months our wall space in the kitchen and hallway has been slowly disappearing and been replaced by other childrens artwork, photos etc. And i have even started putting posters and things up.

Although he doesnt get angry about it you can see that sometimes he would like to come home to clear walls!!!!!

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Husbands/partners view on our job.

Yes I know exactly what you mean. My hubby thinks the house is turning into a nursery!!! Everytime he opens a cupboard toys fall on him. Lol. Also hard sometimes because he changed jobs recently and no longer works 'normal' hours and can be really grumpy at those times of day when the kids are very loud!! Otherwise he's ok. Lol

Doesnt complain on pay day tho!!

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

in my defence its not my fault - some other childminder introduced me to sparklebox - i now have areas labelled, there is even a sign on the toilet door. And two signs in the toilet, one telling you to flush the toilet and one to wash your hands - both very important i might add!!!

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

My dh used to come home from work at 4.30, now he doesn't come home till 5.30 when he knows the kids are just going. He is very understanding, but doesn't want to have to come home and 'play dad' to someone elses kids! I would love to see my walls too, sometimes it gets me down having all this stuff about at weekends etc but its too much hassle to take it all away every week.
    Ali xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, my hubby loves it never a word about the ever increasing load of minding crud lol

He races home fast so he can have ten mins romp with the mindees before they go, and he is really good with them, twins mum even said today that he was wonderful with them

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. I have put a sign up in my toilet specially for the boys!!

It says ' I aim to keep this toilet clean! Your aim will help.'

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisa

That just made me laugh after a long day!!

Thanks

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My partner works 3 shifts, lates, nights and early. He only see the kids for an hour before going out on lates and for 5 mins when on early's. The parents haven't even met him yet as he was at work when they first came around.lol
    He stays upstairs or is in bed the rest of the time.

Cher

May 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked hubby to find something around that house that didnt benefit/educate his own children. He couldnt. I rest my case.
    Annie x

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my husband gets really angry when i'm doing paper work or have paper work around. yesterday i asked him to put up a small hook on the back of the door to keep my signing in book on and he started on a ramble about how stupid it was to have to have this stuff etc etc. now he's whinging about how detailed my risk assessments are and how unecessary!! not really what you want to hear when you're already doing the stuff because you have to!
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

LOOPYLISA Guest

Hubbys very supportive (at the moment), not the half of it yet

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Have written this twice and then decided to be honest.

My hubby knows he has no choice and comes down the list after the minded children. And for those who think I am joking those who do know me will tell you what a hard time I give my darling hubby lol.

I am lucky in the fact that hubby is around a lot of the time and appreciates how hard I work. He also knows I earn more money than he does and it benefits us. he also knows that I couldn't do any of this without his support I know some out there do not get the support they should.

We also come at this from a different angle in that we have no children of our own so at the end of the day the lo's goes home and we have our house to ourselves. i also have a huge playroom that I can shut the doors on although the rest of hte house still looks like a nursery
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Pipsqueak Guest

The other half is quietly supportive but I must admit he gets a little peeved with all the "stuff" about.

He will come in from work, look around the walls and saying what are we learning to day (it is benefitting him if no one else - he has learnt some basic French, how to cross a road safely, his understanding of hygiene is improving steadily. he hand-eye co ordination is fab and his KUW is outstanding ).

I know it flashes across his mind that all this paperwork and the amount of time it consumes is a bit much. (Mind you will have to stop saying I am doing paperwork when I am really on here..... he he I do mean to be doing my paperwork really.....)

He occasionally hates being bombarded by kids and accosted by different parents after a hard day.

In the main he is ok about it, he knows how hard I work, how much I enjoy it and how much effort I have put into the other stuff - course work etc....
    He gets a bit narky when I say for my Risk assessment I need you to do........ or could you just........ as I want to set up a .....

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    The other half is quietly supportive but I must admit he gets a little peeved with all the "stuff" about.

He will come in from work, look around the walls and saying what are we learning to day (it is benefitting him if no one else - he has learnt some basic French, how to cross a road safely, his understanding of hygiene is improving steadily. he hand-eye co ordination is fab and his KUW is outstanding ).
    love it

I know it flashes across his mind that all this paperwork and the amount of time it consumes is a bit much. (Mind you will have to stop saying I am doing paperwork when I am really on here..... he he I do mean to be doing my paperwork really.....)Glad I'm not the only one

He occasionally hates being bombarded by kids and accosted by different parents after a hard day.my mindees want nothing to do with me when Gary is at home

In the main he is ok about it, he knows how hard I work, how much I enjoy it and how much effort I have put into the other stuff - course work etc....
    He gets a bit narky when I say for my Risk assessment I need you to do........ or could you just........ as I want to set up a .....
    My father in law is hte one who moans about having to do jobs
    love Kate
    Save the earth it's the only planet with chocolate

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine thinks that "This is our house, so where has it gone?"

I have resorted to putting everything on a cork board that can go up in the morning when I start work and be taken down and put away when I finish.

Keeps the status quo even..

Debbie

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

My son is beginning to get grumpy, but then he is a bit of an old man.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Mar 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My other half has the odd tantrum over the childminding taking over the house, but 99% of the time is as good as gold.
    My 14 year old has had enough of it now, but loved it up until aged about 11.
    My 4 year old thinks is brilliant, asking who's coming every day and at weekends will say "when are the kids coming mum?"
    It has actually been great for both my children, helping them with their development, and giving them something to do during the holidays, as i would probably not do as much if it was just my own kids, but i make sure we are busy every day in the holidays with crafts, games outings etc
    Ellie

march03
    Post Thanks / Like

My husband works away all week so he very rearly sees any of my minded children. I have a separate playroom were i desplay the childrens work and most of my posteres and he just does'nt go in there and less he has to. He does get a bit grumpy over all the toys I have and pushchairs.

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

my hubby hates the fact that i work so hard now as i am very tired and keeps telling me to cut back my hours (not sure if it's so i can spend more time on him though)

he is very supportive really and loves the kids i look after, if he's home r who is nearly 7 won't even talk to me. she cuddles so close to him that he's almost pushed off the sofa i have even caught her watching tele while sitting on his head
    s 22 m asks every morning if david will be here and even talks to him on the playphone

i know he would like the house back, but like kate i have a very large playroom so at the end of the week we dechildmind the house and throw it all in there and shut the door so i don't have to think about it all for the weekend

my 17 year old keeps asking me when i am going to get a proper job, then runs as he knows i'll slap him if i catch him.
    i know he's joking but i wonder if deep down he hates having the little ones here all of the time although o 1 absolutley adores him and one of her first words was sam so i know he likes them a little bit

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby is great about it we are having a conservatory being built at the moment and I am going to use that for childminding so that we get our house back which I am really looking forward to.

It is mainly me that sometimes hates all the stuff up, that is why I am sooo pleased about having a separate room where everything can go.

Lorraine xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast