Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Sometimes they have to take what you offer rather than what they want - I took on a new baby in January, 3 days a week - mum is teacher in a private school which means they get even more holiday than state schools but I told her that I charge all year round apart from when I'm on holiday and she accepted that. I would tell the parent that you are interested in taking on child but they have to pay for every morning if they can't stick to the same day each week.

... but only if she is willing to 'block' that EYFS space to 9.30am every morning. If she charges for it she can't fill it with another child on some days. Not an ideal family for most of us but hopefully they'll find a CMer who is willing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your thoughts, xx

Post Thanks / Like

Well I've met mum and baby, both are lovely, I've agreed to have baby, luckily she's given me the dates she's working and needs me up until end of March, and says she will have april/may soon. She says it will only be short term as she goes on maternity leave end of may as new baby is due in June! !
    So my business head is thinking take them on as she will likely extend hours once baby is here and then the potential to take on both children further down the line.

I don't think the hours will be a problem start at 7 booked in until 9.30 but she says she will probably pick up earlier than that as she finishes her night shift then will collect lo.

I've got no other interest or potential newbies so I'm going to go for it x

That's for the advice etc

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you. I quite like temp contracts and as you say it could very well lead to more work. Sometimes you have to delve a little deeper to find out if it's worth your while. Good luck I hope more work finds its way to you soon :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natlou82 View Post
    Good for you. I quite like temp contracts and as you say it could very well lead to more work. Sometimes you have to delve a little deeper to find out if it's worth your while. Good luck I hope more work finds its way to you soon :-)
    Thanks you, had a settling in session this morning, 7-9 ( figured it made sense to do the early start to get a true likeness of how it will be!) Went really well, baby is soooooo laid back contracts signed and baby starts on Monday, mum was to to pay up until end of March!

6. Likes BallyH, Maza, hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

great news! x

Post Thanks / Like

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh parent just text said she doesn't think 9.30 will be realistic in getting back in time, so could baby finish at 10, do 7-10....... she said she will have a practice run tomorrow so will know what time she can get back from her night shift (which is irrelevant as it'll be Saturday traffic not rush hour weekday mornings but hey what do I know)

Contracts were signed this morning and know she wants to change.
    The trouble is for another couple of quid for the extra half hour could result in me really struggling get to get a mindee to start at 10 10.30, all you lovelies were saying it may be hard for 9 9.30 starters it's gonna be even harder now isn't it!

What shall I say? ? How should I say it?.? Help!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you agreed a settling in period? You could say to parent you're willing to try it out for 4 weeks (that's how long my settling in period is) and if either of you feel things need changed/aren't working out etc that's the time to change/end things.

You might find a mindee who wants to start at 10am, I had one coming at 10am for 4 years.

I personally wouldn't turn this away on the off chance someone else will come along.

Post Thanks / Like

so have u just got the under one until 9.30 or someone else too? and what age child arriving at 10/10.30 I don't think it would matter if there was a 5 min over lap if u have 2 under 1 realistically

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellib View Post
    Have you agreed a settling in period? You could say to parent you're willing to try it out for 4 weeks (that's how long my settling in period is) and if either of you feel things need changed/aren't working out etc that's the time to change/end things.

You might find a mindee who wants to start at 10am, I had one coming at 10am for 4 years.

I personally wouldn't turn this away on the off chance someone else will come along.
    No I've not discussed a settling in period, I should have done, I didn't think ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    so have u just got the under one until 9.30 or someone else too? and what age child arriving at 10/10.30 I don't think it would matter if there was a 5 min over lap if u have 2 under 1 realistically
    I'll have the boy under one,
    My own daughter 21 months
    Mindee 14 months @9.30

Post Thanks / Like

Well after going back and forth through messages with parent over the payment fees for the extra half hour ,
    They've now decided that they will leave it as it is 9.30...
    They only thought they could tell me how much they would pay!!!
    They wanted to only pay an extra pound for the 30 min ??!

Oh well it suits me better if he finishes at 9.30

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well now that she wants to review/change the hours on the contract it would be the ideal opportunity to introduce a settling in period. x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maza View Post
    Well now that she wants to review/change the hours on the contract it would be the ideal opportunity to introduce a settling in period. x
    She doesn't want to change now , how do I introduce it? I use pacey contracts i don't remember seeing it on there? Or shall I just write up a policy on it? Sorry!
    It's a only a short term thing until may when she goes on maternity leave for new baby. Then child will be leaving anyway.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    She doesn't want to change now , how do I introduce it? I use pacey contracts i don't remember seeing it on there? Or shall I just write up a policy on it? Sorry!
    It's a only a short term thing until may when she goes on maternity leave for new baby. Then child will be leaving anyway.
    It is on the pacey contracts ... on the 2nd page in the grey box section called retainer/settling in period/deposit.

what did you fill in, in this section? I would have put a line through the retainer bit as not relevant, and then put a calendar month for the settling in period, with the date of full contract starting the next day after that month is up. During the settling in weeks; either parent or childminder can cancel the contract and walk away with no fees owed, except for the hours worked. After that, my contracts say 4 weeks paid notice.

good luck x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post

It is on the pacey contracts ... on the 2nd page in the grey box section called retainer/settling in period/deposit.

what did you fill in, in this section? I would have put a line through the retainer bit as not relevant, and then put a calendar month for the settling in period, with the date of full contract starting the next day after that month is up. During the settling in weeks; either parent or childminder can cancel the contract and walk away with no fees owed, except for the hours worked. After that, my contracts say 4 weeks paid notice.

good luck x
    Oh God I'm such an idiot I remember reading about the retainer and thinking that didn't apply,then my dd who is toilet training wanted a wee then it all got a bit chaotic I must of missed it.
    Please don't judge! .....

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Give mum a call and say you've realised you missed a bit off the contract and it's to her benefit as it means 4 weeks that she isn't held to the full contract.
    X

19. Likes Maza, Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So mum messaged again saying she wants to change back again to the later collection 10 o'clock, so I agreed,
    Child's first day today all going well then......
    mum rings at 9.45 saying she's got on the wrong bus and has ended up on the other side of town!

I've had to cancel a potential visit booked at 10.30,
    Then my dd who is currently potty training had a bad belly
    Mindee mum finally came to collect at 10.50! !

Not the day I was expecting when I woke this morning!

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

mmm...you need to watch that she's not late on a regular basis! I'd love to trust people a bit more than I do but with years of experience, some people bend the truth a little.

I had a granny picking up from me for 6weeks, she wasn't on time once. Her excuses were (25mins late) a funeral in town and traffic was bad, (20mins late) Someone had an argument in reception and all staff were held back for safety, (25ins late) traffic lights held her up....

From my house to town takes 3mins in a car, I can walk in 10
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear. That isn't the greatest start. :S You could always start as you mean to go on and tell her that unfortunately if it happens again, a late fee will result. You never know with some people, without a financial incentive they don't think twice about messing people around. Hopefully that's not the case here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast