Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    Open orbit and click on observations
    Click on the observation
    On the right hand side you will see the eyfs in square blocks, one says add assessments, when you click this you can link to areas of learning and add next steps.
    After doing that go back to the observation you will see the add assessments but next to it will be another eyfs blocks with all assessments complete, you need to click on that for the observation to go into the learning journal.
    Yay, thanks blue bear, I didnt quite do what you said I dont think but ive somehow managed to get all obs into a LJ now....finally! Jeez its not very intuitive this system is it?! I just clicked on the EYFS squares back and forth and got there in the end! Thankyou so much! :-) :-) xx

2. Likes mama2three liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What happens if you just want ti log a "wow" moment, can you not - would you have to make it an observation instead?

And what about general info - eg stuff their key workers at other settings say about them or what their parents say they like doing at home etc - is there anywhere to enter this kind of information?

Thank you :-) x

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I put information from home through as an observation - I have a picture of a house that I use as the photo , then write in the ob box what the parents have told me. I link as normal. parents can also add the information themselves , in the form of a postcard , but none of my parents ever have! You could do the same with other settings , maybe a pic of the nursery logo , then a sentence bout what they did - at nursery I poured my own juice. Ofsted liked the fact that at a glance she could see that there was lots of communication with home.

To me a wow moment is perfect for an ob - a photo , a wow statement -look at me doing up my zip - and a quick link.
    Last edited by mama2three; 03-02-2016 at 09:42 PM.

5. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What do parents see their end once they are linked to the account?

Do they get an alert every time we enter an observation?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

yes they get an email alert.

If you click on stream then that is what parents can see I believe.

8. Likes blue bear, mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When a child leaves, can you still store their information, photos and learning journey in your Orbit account?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Just go onto the child's account and put the end date it, the info stays in your account but usually in the back ground as you tend to just have active children on the front sheet.

11. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry more questions......

Can i invite a pre-school/other settings to access the LJ or should i recommend parents download their LJ from orbit and share with the pre shcool/other settings themselves?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

With parental written permission I see no reason why you couldn't invite them the same way you parents. There is a way to join up if the pre school uses orbit for the child, parent can authorise you to see each other's entries.

14. Likes mumofone liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get my parents to complete a starting points form, if you use orbit where And how dyou store Childrens starting points?

Post Thanks / Like

So still finding my way around ORBIT! What do you do in the "Tracking Tab", when I press it it gives me two options "New tracking evaluation" and "new individual evaluation" - what are these for exactly?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I get my parents to complete a starting points form, if you use orbit where And how dyou store Childrens starting points?
    Photograph the completed forms and add to the album.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

So still finding my way around ORBIT! What do you do in the "Tracking Tab", when I press it it gives me two options "New tracking evaluation" and "new individual evaluation" - what are these for exactly?
    I dont really use the tracking evaluation so can't help wth that the individual evaluation I re title two year check or Spring term summative assessment, transition to school report etc... And complete it with summative of where child is on the eyo etc.

19. Likes mama2three, mumofone liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same.... I dont use the system to its full potential probably , but I use the bits that suit my style.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'll look In to this further.
    Also what's the "album" feature? Pics linked to obvs show up in the lj report any way so is this a seperate album/scrap book type feature?

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I load up lots of photos to album , these just have a brief caption and arent linked to the eyfs.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'll look In to this further.
    Also what's the "album" feature? Pics linked to obvs show up in the lj report any way so is this a seperate album/scrap book type feature?
    The album is. Anything you decide not to do links on, it's the pink square says add to album, the photos come up on steam same as ones with links on. When you download lj there is an option to add photos from album I think if I remember correctly.

Post Thanks / Like

Why in orbit do observations link in to development matters when this had been replaced by eyo? If I link an observation to a statement in DM am I therefore doing this wrong?
    Thank you x

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Why in orbit do observations link in to development matters when this had been replaced by eyo? If I link an observation to a statement in DM am I therefore doing this wrong?
    Thank you x
    It's because they didn't update when eyo came it, to be honest there is only a minimal difference and as both development matters and eyo are non compulsory it really doesn't matter and no it's not wrong, you could always customise for any statements in eyo that you want to observe against. I use different reference books like Mary Sheridan as well as eyo and development matters ofsted have never queried it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    I load up lots of photos to album , these just have a brief caption and arent linked to the eyfs.

Should they show in the learning journey report, even when I tick the box saying "include album photos" they don't show up yet I can see them in my view. At what point can the parents see them too?
    Grr not very good at this orbit!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast