Feeling a little better ..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling a little better ..

So feeling a little better after finishing the DIY on house that has been going on for last 5 months! sorting spare room so it is now habitable and space to put travel cot up, and got a quiet Monday 1 this morn and 2 this aft so going to take this opportunity to walk down to shops and get a few bits I need I need to stop trying to do so much no one works 10.5 hours every day with no break and even though that isn't a break a nice walk will do me just fine. Going to go to first toddler group on wed and hope they are nice. Also looking at my week and planning to finish at half 12 every fri so I have an afternoon a week to myself PHEW xx

2. Likes AliceK, mama2three, Maza liked this post
    Simona Guest

Yay!!! that is certainly good news!!

4. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

its amazing how different you can feel after lots of advise and a lovely weekend hopefully I will be able to return the favour x

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for thinking about your needs also. Good luck at the toddler group. You may find you will have to go a few times before you build up friendships, but keep trying! And a walk to the shops provides great learning opportunities. Have a good week.

7. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure having a few hours on a Friday will make all the difference. Good luck with Wednesday x

9. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done for looking at ways to make small changes and hopefully they will make a huge difference to your job satisfaction

11. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember you are the most important resource your business has without you it doesn't work. So looking after yourself in an investment well worth looking after xxx

13. Likes Jessymax, hectors house liked this post
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

So pleased you are feeling better. Definitely try and get out to the toddler group tomorrow. Having company to meet up with or to invite to your or you invited to theirs makes so much difference whilst you are working and is also great for the mindees.

In my limited experience it can at times take a thick skin to get friends but it will happen over time. You may have to go to a toddler group for quite some time before you get talking and getting to know the other adults there. It is worth sticking at it though as it can be a lonely job otherwise. 2 of my closest childminding friends have come from toddler groups but took some time to develop. They are both childminders and it is great having them to meet up with.

I am at a toddler group tomorrow morning so will be thinking of yours at your toddler group at the same time.

15. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ar glad to hear your feeling better about things. Definitely a good idea to go to toddler groups, you'll meet lots of friends through those. And look out for childminding support groups. My local children's centre has one (although haven't yet been to one) so might be worth seeing what your local one offers x

17. Likes Jessymax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

been to toddler group, was nice a few of ladies were friendly will defo go back next week and going to a diddi dance group on Monday x

19. Likes Maza, loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear you went and enjoyed it. It's great just to get out of the house and some adult chat. Kids love them too.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you! Onwards and upwards.