HMRC will develop joint online application....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default HMRC will develop joint online application....

...and eligibility checking the system for 30 hours and Tax Free childcare

Info for those cms who like to keep updated on this...link here

Childcare Bill – Joint Online Childcare Application: 21 Jan 2016: Hansard Written Answers - TheyWorkForYou

Edited to correct the link. Sarah
    Last edited by sarah707; 24-01-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Simona Guest

Oh...... I had hoped someone had succeeded in opening the link for me.....no worries ....we don't need a link.
    Here is the short statement by Gyimah.

Sam Gyimah The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

''During second reading of the Childcare Bill my right honourable friend - the Secretary of State for Education - announced that our extended childcare entitlement will be delivered via a joint online application being developed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

As I outlined during Committee Stage of the Childcare Bill, the Department for Education will be providing HMRC with funding for the development of the joint online application and eligibility checking system.

I can confirm today that for 2015-16, urgent expenditure estimated at £1million will be met by repayable cash advances from the Contingencies Fund.

The development of the joint online application will mean that parents and children who will be eligible to benefit from both the extended entitlement and Tax-Free Childcare will be able to apply for both schemes through one simple and straightforward system, saving them valuable time.

This statement has also been made in the House of Lords: HLWS472''

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Oh...... I had hoped someone had succeeded in opening the link for me.....no worries ....we don't need a link.
    Here is the short statement by Gyimah.

Sam Gyimah The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Education

''During second reading of the Childcare Bill my right honourable friend - the Secretary of State for Education - announced that our extended childcare entitlement will be delivered via a joint online application being developed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

As I outlined during Committee Stage of the Childcare Bill, the Department for Education will be providing HMRC with funding for the development of the joint online application and eligibility checking system.

I can confirm today that for 2015-16, urgent expenditure estimated at £1million will be met by repayable cash advances from the Contingencies Fund.

The development of the joint online application will mean that parents and children who will be eligible to benefit from both the extended entitlement and Tax-Free Childcare will be able to apply for both schemes through one simple and straightforward system, saving them valuable time.

This statement has also been made in the House of Lords: HLWS472''
    Thank you Simona for sharing. I'm please we won't be 'penalised' for parents claiming who aren't eligible.

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona Guest

Thank you RS...I tried a hundreds times to get that link as it would not copy properly...thank God it was not too long a statement and I copied it in its entirety.

MOH...yes ...important to keep updated on all these changes and making sure cms know how it will work...without the worry on accountability of parents' declarations...after all it seems very obvious that many providers will get together and share the 30 hours