Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jessymax ... Please empty your inbox :-) xx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Great advice already given. One thing that I had to do was to make my meals simpler. Simple doesn't have to mean bad or unhealthy. I started off providing lunch and dinner both home made and cooked from scratch. I was exhausted because all that cooking also creates a lot of clearing up. We started off having sandwich day once a week (toasties in Winter) or soup (make the most of your freezer, one batch of soup can provide meals for little ones for the next couple of weeks). Jacket potatoes with cheese and beans takes minutes to prepare in a microwave. You can give the little ones a bowl of water on a low table and they can wash some carrots/cucumbers/tomatoes etc for their veggies - so you are entertaining them/teaching them as you make tea. Buy some pizza bases/pitta breads and let the little ones assemble their own pizzas.

If you feel that you want to persevere with more adventurous meals that you cook the night before, make sure it is something that you and your hubby will also eat - don't cook especially for the mindees.

In the nicer weather you will be able to be outside all afternoon with a picnic so your partner can sleep - and there's less clearing up to do too! I used to ask mindees parents to collect their little one from our picnic spot sometimes. x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jessymax View Post
    I am going to go to local toddler group on wed I have been putting it off because I just didn't warm to childminder in local area x
    But you might meet some great nannies at a playgroup???
    or maybe the 2nd time you approach those cms they may be friendly...first impressions may deceive?

Give everything time to fall into place...you have just started and getting very worried about everything

how big is your plate??
    you have just been registered....recently you were worried about having 2 babies...then you obviously stared thinking about your own family and now the weight of the world is on your shoulders....slooooow down and give yourself time to adjust and find some other people you can meet and have a laugh with.

Your children will soon pick up on your happy mood and voila be happier too!!

Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12