Schoolies - charge More or less?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Schoolies - charge More or less?

Do you think a school aged child should pay more than an EYFS one or Dyou think it should be less as EYFS are harder (in respect of tight schedules, changing nappies etc)?

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to generalise that eyfs are harder really, lots of minders find that school age children are harder work. It's down to what age range you get on best with, and of course the individual children. Therefore I'd personally always charge the same hourly rate. But I do charge for a minimum amount of time before and after school.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I no longer do BS but when I did I had a session charge for it. Same with AS. I don't really do AS anymore either but I still have 1 child and again I charge a session rate 3pm - 5pm. It works out slightly more than my FT EY's hourly rate.

xx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd find schoolies far harder work! So much so that I only have babies/preschool age- schoolie can be really hard work (school runs whatever the weather, fussy and opinionated, eat more= expense, more demanding for activities especially in holidays= expense, can be rough on the household so more wear and tear...).

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge more. At the moment I do not have a 'minimum' time but I will be introducing it new children and those heading off to Upper school.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge the same for everyone, I might review it in time but at the minute it's fine

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    I charge more. At the moment I do not have a 'minimum' time but I will be introducing it new children and those heading off to Upper school.
    How much more Dyou charge per hour MOH?

I can't decide whether it should be 50p more, 75p more, £1.00 more or just 25p more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redtiger21 View Post
    It's hard to generalise that eyfs are harder really, lots of minders find that school age children are harder work. It's down to what age range you get on best with, and of course the individual children. Therefore I'd personally always charge the same hourly rate. But I do charge for a minimum amount of time before and after school.
    what's your minimum amount of time after school?

Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post

what's your minimum amount of time after school?
    Mine is minimum fee of two hours after school. Some do a minimum of 3 hours, but I never wanted to work that late, and of course if people are paying all that, they're more likely to use the hours, especially my families who all live nearby and could use the time to go home, change, start dinner etc!

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 flat rates for after school £8 3pm - 5pm and £10 3pm - 6pm (inc dinner) my hourly rate for EYFS is £3.50 per hr.