Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
Why doesn't someone ring Ofsted and clarify this...or even the DfE as it is part of the EYFS

I cannot see how a parent giving permission to give Calpol ...child's own medicine....by text to a child who suddenly develops high temperature would be a problem?
Would it not be the opposite if we did not react to a situation that needs us to ensure wellbeing?
Would I have needed permission to take a child to hospital when she suddenly developed a reaction to peanuts first time? That was life saving!

That's the beauty here...or not maybe ....hundreds of different opinions...who is right and who is wrong? EYFS 2014 is too unclear again! Compare that to EYFS 2008 and see why it needs addressing!
I'm of the opinion that an electronic written permission is as good as pen-and-paper in an emergency (although technically this isn't an emergency)- as long as the text/email includes the child's name, the name of medication, dosage and time of required dose, plus if applicable the time of the last dosage. If a child desperately needs paracetamol then they should really be at home, but I think we should consider the fact that while we wait for parents to collect, which could be quite a while, that dosage of paracetamol will be helping the ill child to manage their pain and fever 👍