Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ofsted report

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ofsted report

I had my inspection the week before Christmas and have been waiting for my report. Tribal have emailed me and sent through the post a questionnaire for me to complete but no report. I emailed them last week asking when and how I would receive my report and no response. Then I discover today that its already published on Ofsted website. Shouldn't I have had a chance to read it through first before it was published? Feeling a bit miffed :-(

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah..that's a mishap surely.... They SHOULD have sent it to you first to read through.

I had to make a couple of changes to mine as she said I worked Monday to Friday which I don't and she also said that I work 7.30-6pm when I start at 8am. Only minor changes but all the same.

Ring them an ask them why you were not sent it first!
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

they email it to you - so may be in your junk items folder etc- they told me that when you receive it you have 24-48 hours from email to query anything before it goes live.

Simona Guest

Skyblue....if you look at the Ofsted guidance it says reports will be published online 10 days after the inspection

You should receive the report pretty quickly but....considering it was Christmas...it may have been delayed in the post
    That is no excuse though as you have a short period of time to read the report for 'factual' reporting.

Unfortunately it does not say how long you have to read it and make sure all facts are correct...or at least I can't find that bit....but it is not that long.

If the report is not in your junk mail I would enquire about it ....do you have any concerns on what the inspector has written now you have seen it online?
    If so I would report it to Ofsted themselves...the only way Ofsted can monitor Tribal/Prospects is by ensuring they are following Ofsted guidelines as per their training.

The email sending you the report can be traced in the inspector own laptop and it will prove when it was sent....if at all.

Good luck and I hope this is not causing you worry....I hope it was a good inspection

Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies. I just spoke to Tribal as I definitely haven't received anything. They told me it was emailed on the 22nd December but to an email address which has nothing to do with me! So a complete stranger read it before me! They are going to email it to the correct email address now (hopefully)! She didn't sound particularly apologetic or anything. Everything does seem to be correct. One of my improvements was slightly different to what the inspector said to me. Report reads positively. Might not agree completely with the recommendations but they're OK.
    My grading was Good and at first I was disappointed as really tried for outstanding. It would have been nice to have recieved my report before as the inspector on the day didn't really give me much feedback except this is your grading and these are what you could improve on so really wanted to know her thoughts and what she did like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    Woah..that's a mishap surely.... They SHOULD have sent it to you first to read through. I had to make a couple of changes to mine as she said I worked Monday to Friday which I don't and she also said that I work 7.30-6pm when I start at 8am. Only minor changes but all the same. Ring them an ask them why you were not sent it first!
    Minor changes but still she shouldn't have got this information wrong surely?!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Skyblue....if you look at the Ofsted guidance it says reports will be published online 10 days after the inspection

You should receive the report pretty quickly but....considering it was Christmas...it may have been delayed in the post
    That is no excuse though as you have a short period of time to read the report for 'factual' reporting.

Unfortunately it does not say how long you have to read it and make sure all facts are correct...or at least I can't find that bit....but it is not that long.

If the report is not in your junk mail I would enquire about it ....do you have any concerns on what the inspector has written now you have seen it online?
    If so I would report it to Ofsted themselves...the only way Ofsted can monitor Tribal/Prospects is by ensuring they are following Ofsted guidelines as per their training.

The email sending you the report can be traced in the inspector own laptop and it will prove when it was sent....if at all.

Good luck and I hope this is not causing you worry....I hope it was a good inspection

You have 24 hours to respond and ask for factual inaccuracies to be changed.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be ringing tribal and contacting Ofsted if tribal are not responding with a copy of your emails.

You should have had a copy of your Report before it was put on line.

Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have now recieved an email from them with my report, cover letter and questionnaire. No apology! The cover letter has my name, address and reg number on so bit worrying this has all gone to somebody else.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    I have now recieved an email from them with my report, cover letter and questionnaire. No apology! The cover letter has my name, address and reg number on so bit worrying this has all gone to somebody else.
    I would now write to them and ask them why there has been the delay and can they tell you if this has been emailed to someone else before you.

Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post

I would now write to them and ask them why there has been the delay and can they tell you if this has been emailed to someone else before you.
    They already told me they sent it to somebody else on 22nd Dec.