For those of you who dont have a 7 seater car..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For those of you who dont have a 7 seater car..

What do you drive?!

I started child minding years ago with a 3 door car! I looked after full time twins who were 11 months old & 2 girls. I then progressed to getting a Zafira (old shape one) and have built up from then to a new one which is what I have now.

However as much as I love them I also hate them and have had so many niggles with past ones I should have learnt! This one is already playing up (only just hit 30k) and costs me a fortune a month what with finance and insurance..

SO! I am looking into going back to a car. At the moment I have 6 children on 2 days at the same point hence me keeping it, but come April that will drop to 4 max a day so don't need such a big car. However I do have 3 little ones each day all in car seats and this is where im struggling. What cars fit 3 seats in across the back?

Suggestions?!
    TIA

apr 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I know a childminder who has just downsize her car. She has brought a vauxhall meriva, and she can get 3 big seat in the back. Been looking at them myself

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Ford Focus and although I don't need to drive for work, I do use it occasionally and can fit 3 full size car seats across the back. You do have to put the double buggy in the boot at the right angle though! Xx

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just use a pushchair and the two flexible appendages hanging from my hips.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

What seats do you have!? I have a Ford C-Max grand which I love and it has 2 extra boot seats but I can only fit 2 across middle row and have to use one seat in the boot as all mine are in big seats...would love to fit them all across middle but haven't found seats that will fit yet!

sept 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Thanks for the replys.

I have 3 seats with the integrated straps so fairly bulky!

I wanted to get away from Vauxhall if im honest, have a headache from all the issues/large bills ive had over the years! I also thought not having 7 seats I may pay less insurance.

I like the C max's..was looking at the BMW 1 series or an Audi A3..anyone got?!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Just on a cost side I waited for a cmax grand with their 1.0L petrol Eco engine and it's working out so cheap to run, insurance was about £30 a year more than on my tiny Hyundai i10, and petrol I'm getting about 370miles from a tank costing £40 so it's as economical on petrol or more so than my tiny old car too.
    Doesn't feel like a massive car to drive either which is why I liked it so much. Only had it a couple of months so can't comment on costs of services and repairs etc but tax only £30 a year too