my own child -ofsted
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default my own child -ofsted

my own child is in the process of being assessed for ASD/Dyslexia and associated issues, although we are not quite sure which of these it will be diagnosed as. She is being assessed at school first and I am also getting a thorough assessment as the GPs. My question is do I need to inform Ofsted?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Only if your child is aged 16 or older.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hmm it's a tricky one...

there isn't a definitive answer but we have been told by childminders over on the FB group that they have been actioned for not informing Ofsted about changes which might affect their businesses - and that includes changes to their own children's lives.

Sorry I can't be more definitive in my advice x

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My son was diagnosed asd in Dec 2014. I emailed ofsted just in case so it was on my file. A couple of weeks later I had someone from ofsted call me and ask me questions about how his asd presents itself etc. I was told to let them know of any changes to what I had said. I contacted them again when he was excluded from school and again when he had home tutors and again when diagnosed PDA and again when he got ehcp agreed and again when he started his special needs school. They haven't been back in touch with me Amy of the other times so I guess the email is enough. I haven't been inspected since 2010 so don't know in terms of that. Please feel free to pm me if you want to have support/ know anything in more detail.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say my son is 7

Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advice, when I know the dates of the assessments I will inform Ofsted just to be on the safe side, my daughter is 6 by the way. I think I do remember in the registration visit the inspector did mention 'tell us everything!', health, house changes and I think she then mentioned if a child of mine had an assessment etc. - but I forgot in the nervous fog I was put in at the time

Feb 13
    Post Thanks / Like

At the moment she is waiting for assessments, they can take an awfully long time. Until then, she hadn't been diagnosed with anything so you haven't got anything to tell Ofsted (if that makes sense)

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by primrosecottage View Post
    Thanks for all the advice, when I know the dates of the assessments I will inform Ofsted just to be on the safe side, my daughter is 6 by the way. I think I do remember in the registration visit the inspector did mention 'tell us everything!', health, house changes and I think she then mentioned if a child of mine had an assessment etc. - but I forgot in the nervous fog I was put in at the time
    You don't need to tell them she has assessments just drop them an email if she is diagnosed with anything that could influence childminding. I wouldn't have thought dyslexia would change much for childminding?