How dyou store your books
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How dyou store your books

Do you all have a specific shelf or rack you store your books for your mindees on or does anyone just "bring out" the books say in a box when mindees are there? I'm in two minds about putting up a specific bookshelf and just realised I could maybe just bring books out in a box as and when but would OFSTED disapprove? Thank you :-)

Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No I have a shelf one where you see the fronts of the books so the children can choose the book easily without having to rummage through a box.

I also want the children to be able to get a book anytime of the day not just when I deem its story time. I rotate the books every 6 week but will add seasonal books as and when
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

Currently I have my books displayed in baskets: Christmas themed, baby and toddler, stories for all, school children

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a 'sling'bookcase with books in front facing in the playroom, plus a basket of boardbooks.
    In my sitting room i have a bookcase that has the rest of my children's books-fiction and non fiction, and i swap around the books every so often.

Sept 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a book box and rotate the contents regularly (keeping favourites in) I then put out/display any relevant ones for time of year or linked to what we are doing, so have Christmas ones out at the moment. The box is out all of the time but I put lid on ( if I remember) when not working

Post Thanks / Like

I have wicker baskets filled with assorted books, books on shelves, books in drawers, books by the potty, books in the play shed. I even have a few for the children!!

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Do you all have a specific shelf or rack you store your books for your mindees on or does anyone just "bring out" the books say in a box when mindees are there? I'm in two minds about putting up a specific bookshelf and just realised I could maybe just bring books out in a box as and when but would OFSTED disapprove? Thank you :-)
    If you follow your children's interests regarding books then you can provide them in any way you think they will enjoy ...but...please you need to try and not ask if Ofsted would approve or disapprove.

it can be confusing and it is your setting...you decide which way you teach children...that is clearly stated in CIF!!...your style ...your way and all the inspector can do is observe the outcomes for your children!

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't finished and pressed send. They are displayed on my Kallax unit and I can easily get them down if LOs are requesting a book :-)