Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Bug

Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bug

15mth old had worse loose/ smelly nappy just before home time on Friday , mum said dad had chest infection and sister poorly at school and needed calpol , baby sent to me today (Tuesday)and everything drink and food came straight out again causing very sore bum 3 watery poops I asked for him to be collected which grandma did an hour later , mum text said definitely teething, in last 8mths he's never suffered with teeth I've says 48 hrs after last watery poop whenever that is , I needed to tell sons one and DH is in a meeting thanks for listening

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so hard when parents swear it's down to teething.

I have one mum who often tries bringing her ill son. One time she told me his sickness was definitely down to teething because they'd googled it and that's what it said! Another time she told me he'd been sick, but it was because he had become dairy intolerant (over night), so not to give him any milk or cheese that day.
    The daft thing is, she knows I'll say I can't have him, so I don't know why she tries it on.

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Helly Belly View Post
    15mth old had worse loose/ smelly nappy just before home time on Friday , mum said dad had chest infection and sister poorly at school and needed calpol , baby sent to me today (Tuesday)and everything drink and food came straight out again causing very sore bum 3 watery poops I asked for him to be collected which grandma did an hour later , mum text said definitely teething, in last 8mths he's never suffered with teeth I've says 48 hrs after last watery poop whenever that is , I needed to tell sons one and DH is in a meeting thanks for listening
    Here's an exerpt from my sickness policy.

Teething: There is little evidence that fever (temperature above 37.5 degrees) and mild diarrhoea are caused by teething. Teething should not cause your child to become unwell. If your baby or child has a high temperature (fever), diarrhoea or other symptoms and is unwell, then please do not bring them to xxxxxxxx. Instead, you should see your doctor to check for another cause of their symptoms. (For example, an ear infection, chest infection or urinary infection.)

Baby Teething. Age, Symptoms and Signs of Teething | Patient

Hope it helps.

I also tell parents that the only thing teething produces is teeth!

Big hugs - we've all been there!

LK

4. Likes Mouse, bunyip liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It's very hard. All my mindees has some degree of a cough at the moment which I can now feel my throat tickle. Am not impressed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    It's very hard. All my mindees has some degree of a cough at the moment which I can now feel my throat tickle. Am not impressed!
    Urgh I have one here with a cough too, mum didn't blink an eye...it better not make the others and me I'll grrr!

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    This is the one part of the job I dislike. We can't exclude for colds so when they get a cough or runny nose etc we get it but if I get something the children had when I answer the door to parents that morning and they see I'm unwell I'm like it's a quiet day for us today while Im feeling like this
    Tess1981

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Teething does not cause diarrhoea. It can be coincidental with it, but correlation is not the same as causation.

Medical wisdom teaches that diarrhoea in infants is frequently a result of the digestive system sorting out the balance of it's gut-flora (one reason why they suggest we don't give 'live' yoghurts to lo's). The timing of this is usually about the same time that lo's are cutting teeth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tess1981 View Post
    This is the one part of the job I dislike. We can't exclude for colds so when they get a cough or runny nose etc we get it but if I get something the children had when I answer the door to parents that morning and they see I'm unwell I'm like it's a quiet day for us today while Im feeling like this
    Yeh My son and I are now I'll thanks to one mum sending her poorly DS last week, so annoyed :-(