Positive Parent Stories
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Positive Parent Stories

A baby was brought in this morning with a cough and a cold and was generally rough and sad after not sleeping much last night. Mum asked for an update just after 10:00 and as soon as I told her how baby was Mum arranged for her to be collected so that she could get one-to-one attention at home and wouldn't be taking my time away from the other children. I've worked in nurseries before and have rarely seen that kind of thought from parents. Just wanted to share the positivity. Does anyone else have any stories they'd like to share about a time when a parent pleasantly surprised them?

(I did search for similar thread and couldn't find one, I hope this isn't a duplicate)

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Over the years I would say my positive experiences with parents definitely outweigh the negative ones.

A few years ago when my FIL died only one of the mums knew (I don't discuss my private life with them, but she knew my in laws, so knew he'd died). She asked when the funeral was and if all our children were going. When I said the youngest 2 weren't and I'd get a cm friend to collect them from school, she asked if she could get them instead. She collected them, took them home, made them tea and kept them until early evening. I was very grateful, but she said she was just pleased she could do something to help after all I'd done for them and it was something she wanted to do.

Sept 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had parents who've offered to ship my own children to clubs when I've not been able to, and another who offered to put my wheelie bins out &back in for me while I was away on hols. My parents have mostly been really really lovely people

4. Likes Maza liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've had minded parents collect my own children from school/clubs. one of my mums once took DSs pe kit to secondary school for me ( it was on her way to work ) and has also collected him from secondary school and dropped him home, when dropping her DD at dancing a bit later ! ( school is in next village, close to where they live )

I've had a few parents over the years saying that we are all one big family, and that I and my family are part of their families, and they want to help. I do find it hard though, as they pay me to look after their children, and they help me out with mine!

I agree, I would say that 99% of the time, my experiences with parents are positive.

I especially like the mum who turned up with a bottle of wine for me, after she had had a horrendous week and muddled up all her childcare! ( couldn't remember what she was doing/where/when, so each evening I had her DD until she appeared! )

6. Likes Maza liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going away for a weekend in a few weeks and not back until late on the Sunday night so I cheekily asked a parent if they could take their kids to school on the Monday morning so I could have longer in bed! At first parent said it wasn't possible which was fine as I knew I was chancing my luck but I got a text this weekend to say they had sorted something out so I could have the Monday morning!

Also had a parent keep a sick LO away this week with no hesitation!

8. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just discovered that a lovely, and relatively new, parent has just put a fantastic 5 star review onto my Childcare.co.uk profile.

She didn't even say that she was thinking of doing this. Needless to say, I'm chuffed to bits, and feeling even more motivated than usual as a result.

I love my job.

LK

10. Likes BallyH, AgentTink, Maza, Ripeberry, Ellisha liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    I've just discovered that a lovely, and relatively new, parent has just put a fantastic 5 star review onto my Childcare.co.uk profile.

She didn't even say that she was thinking of doing this. Needless to say, I'm chuffed to bits, and feeling even more motivated than usual as a result.

I love my job.

LK
    This is fab. Its these little things that can really make your day

12. Likes lollipop kid liked this post