Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Babysitting/occasional childminding

I am a registered childminder but gave up 4 months ago to start a part time job. I have so much time on my hands and was thinking about offering a babysitting service for evenings/weekends and overnight care in my own home or in their own home.
    I am still registered and still have my insurance with Pacey. What would I have to do to offer this service! Do I have to do any paperwork, what could I charge etc.
    I Would be interested to hear from childminders who offer similar services and how it goes. Thanks in advance

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keohane1 View Post
    I am a registered childminder but gave up 4 months ago to start a part time job. I have so much time on my hands and was thinking about offering a babysitting service for evenings/weekends and overnight care in my own home or in their own home.
    I am still registered and still have my insurance with Pacey. What would I have to do to offer this service! Do I have to do any paperwork, what could I charge etc.
    I Would be interested to hear from childminders who offer similar services and how it goes. Thanks in advance
    you can offer baby sitting without having to worry about many things ...no paperwork...'usually' baby sitting is from the parents' own home .
    You can build up a list of families to baby sit for or just one or 2 who use you regularly.

You have a good advantage over other baby sitters as you have experience of working with children and have been first aid trained.
    Not sure what charged are in your area but you can check Babysitters.com...or such like...around here the charge is £10ph or more!!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Simona; 17-11-2015 at 10:23 AM.