giving notice as such
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default giving notice as such

i love having a nose on here an at all the great advice given ,could someone advise me on how to word a text basically saying im no longer doing school pick ups ive been messed about with people leaving then thinking i will be there at their convenience.the last 2 i have are now leaving as mums leaving her job which is a blessing really lovely kids just very unorganized so nows my chance as im not letting anybody down and they have time to look else where .thanks very much xx

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you just not advertise that you only care for under 5's? It's your business so your rules! I would find it hard though to not carry on when they go to school if i've had them since babies.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never done school-age care. I just advertise as such- 'vacancy for baby or toddler' etc. If I have enqiries for school ages I just direct them to other CMers. Do you have families with school children who you think are going to approach you for care? If so, I would just say 'no' if that happens and say you are no longer offering a before/after school service.

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

no i have schoolies that have left no on bad terms but very short notice ohh we will be back in feb ect when grannys left so its this im nippingg in bud for the few hours i had them id rather be free to get my own grandson from school and not be tied ,the 2 i have very ad hoc after school text me at 3.12 this afternoon to get her kids well i had asked this morning and was told they were going with a friend so they were left sitting in school office i checked my phone at 2.55 then didnt hear the text come through mum didnt even bother to call to confirm it is like you dont have a life of your own .

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shazsull View Post
    no i have schoolies that have left no on bad terms but very short notice ohh we will be back in feb ect when grannys left so its this im nippingg in bud for the few hours i had them id rather be free to get my own grandson from school and not be tied ,the 2 i have very ad hoc after school text me at 3.12 this afternoon to get her kids well i had asked this morning and was told they were going with a friend so they were left sitting in school office i checked my phone at 2.55 then didnt hear the text come through mum didnt even bother to call to confirm it is like you dont have a life of your own .
    Oh, I'd definitely want to stop that.

I'd just send a general letter out to all parents saying you have decided that as from X date you will no longer be doing an after school pick ups. If any parents need their children collecting from school you suggest they contact the school for a list of childminders who collect from there.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shazsull View Post
    My ad hocs have to let me know by 6pm the night before if they need picking up as I don't go up to school every day. I also tell them that if o don't reply to a text, then I haven't got it!

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

same here i always reply dont need the hassle for the small amount it brings in x