Are you getting your Zafira (2005-2014) checked?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you getting your Zafira (2005-2014) checked?

Most of you would have maybe seen the Watchdog' article on Zafiras catching fire, or heard it mentioned on the news. I've got one of the affected cars, but can't get mine booked in for a check. I'm only going to use the heater on 4 and keep it turned off most of the time.
    Has all this made you nervous about driving your car? Do other people in car parks avoid you? Have parents said anything?
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! Mines booked in for monday week. Then I can tell parents that I have done as much as I can to ensure our safety, if any of them ask.
    Think I'll keep the heater off and we can all wear coats for the next week. Failing that we can always walk everywhere
    Last edited by SYLVIA; 24-10-2015 at 03:27 PM.

3. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The lady at the garage said they will be replacing the resister, whatever that is???

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

called our local vauxhall dealer and they said the parts are on order - they are calling us in as soon as the parts arrive and replacing them for free! it's the resister that controls the temperature of the heating system. if in doubt don't use setting numbers 1-3 but just 4 as this setting doesn't use the resister.

6. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    aug 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh god! Roll on next Monday!!!

8. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the FB page and the latest is that when you car is booked in, they replace the parts that need to be. Everyone is getting a new 'resistor' and a new blower fan (if it's rusted) and a new pollen filter, if the old one is clogged.
    The heating itself is from the engine, so no need to turn that off. The 'resistor' is used to reduce the fan speed. When the fan is on 4 (max), then it by-passes the resistor (the thing that gets HOT).
    The sleuths on the FB page, have found that the resistor is only a couple of millimeters away from the paper pollen filter.
    You have to watch out for your fan not working in speeds 1-3 (wires could be burnt out), squeaky noises from the glove box (the blower fan failing) and burning smells (the pollen filter burning).
    Until you can get it checked out...

Only use speed 4 to demist and get some heat in the car. Leave the fan speed switch OFF at all other times. As I said before, the heater can be used.
    I really don't think all our cars will suddenly decide to combust because we now know about this. At least we are prepared and no the cars DON'T EXPLODE!

I'm just annoyed that Vauxhall has known about this problem for years and it took a group of 3 mothers to bring it to light.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com