Sticking tongue out
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Sticking tongue out

    I have a mindee Whos started sticking out their tongue (4 years old) which j believe is learnt behaviour from their other setting. I've told them I don't find it funny and that it's not acceptable in my setting. I am right in this aren't i? I just questioned myself over whether its playful behaviour and I should let it go but my instinct is that I don't like it (ie certainly wouldn't let my only child do it). It's not aimed at me (luckily or there would be trouble!!) but at say passing cars etc...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the middle
    Posts
    1,049
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    I have a mindee Whos started sticking out their tongue (4 years old) which j believe is learnt behaviour from their other setting. I've told them I don't find it funny and that it's not acceptable in my setting. I am right in this aren't i? I just questioned myself over whether its playful behaviour and I should let it go but my instinct is that I don't like it (ie certainly wouldn't let my only child do it). It's not aimed at me (luckily or there would be trouble!!) but at say passing cars etc...
    Nip it in the bud now! My instinct is with any mindees behaviour 'would I have let one of my sons do/say that?' And if the answer is 'no' then it's a 'no'. Your home your rules. Plus as the child is out with you, you're being judged by others, when he is showing this behaviour. I would also mention it to his parents on pickup.

  3. Likes FloraDora, Maza liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,059
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOH View Post
    Nip it in the bud now! My instinct is with any mindees behaviour 'would I have let one of my sons do/say that?' And if the answer is 'no' then it's a 'no'. Your home your rules. Plus as the child is out with you, you're being judged by others, when he is showing this behaviour. I would also mention it to his parents on pickup.
    Thanks MOH this was my gut instinct and you make a good point about how it will be seen by others.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In the middle
    Posts
    1,049
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks MOH this was my gut instinct and you make a good point about how it will be seen by others.
    The mindees behaviour is your best advert.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links
Advertisements

 

You can also find us on:
Sticking tongue out Sticking tongue out Sticking tongue out

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk